Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC August 2015 - 15-second tracks 
MTC August 2015 - 15-second tracks
Page: 1 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC August 2015 - 15-second tracks  

Welcome to the ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC), August 2015.

In the MTC, your task is to build a track on a given theme (see below). Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated and a winner will be found.

• Theme of the Month: 15-second tracks
    Your track must be longer than 10 seconds, but not longer than 15.99 seconds.
    No other restrictions. Simple as that! But harder than it what it might sound like...

• Deadline
    All tracks should be submitted before the end of Wednesday 19, August 2015 PDT (To give our Americans a last full day to built too)

• Prize
    :gold: The winner of this MTC will be chosen as the author for the new ESL Author Cup. (more information in this news)
    :gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that. I hope anyone still remembers him? :p)
    :gold: Top 3 tracks will be featured in a video, getting extra spotlight.
    :gold: The top 3 winners will receive a showcase of a track of their choice (< 10 awards)

• Rules

• The track must be longer than 10 seconds but not longer than 15.99 seconds.
    • As long as it's possible for any good player to drive the track within 16 seconds, the track will qualify. Your author time can exceed 16 seconds if you lack the skills to drive the track faster. However, your author time cannot be under 10 seconds.
    • If the track is obviously shorter than 10 seconds, (for example 7.50 seconds on an average run), the map will disqualify. Author time does not matter in this case.
    • LOL maps (gimmicky and lucky maps) are allowed... but think twice before you use one as your only entry.
    • Envimixing allowed
    • Blockmixing allowed! Just make sure to build no flickering textures because they're ugly.
    • Custom Titlepacks are allowed
    • No PressForward, PressBackward or pressAnyKey maps
    • 1 map per author
    • You can update your map within the deadline as many times as you want.
    • Include the sequence of letters MTC somewhere in the track name so that it can be easily discovered on mania-exchange.com.
    • To enter a track, simply upload it and post a link to your submission in the submission thread.

• Judging
    We'll use the public judging system of the BASCO 2014:
    • Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map (give your own map a 10)
    • Every map will be judged with marks from 1 (bad) to 10 (good).
    • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely, you cannot judge only half of it.
      More details will appear after submission ends

Good luck and have fun mapping! If you have any questions, please ask! :)
Last edited by gado,
Back in action!

Wow, this is going to be really interesting :d I actually have an idea for this, so I'll try to make an entry :d
Moped Racer

Sounds like fun, I will either go all out or be super lazy on my entry... depends how the all out attempt works :d
Learner Driver

Nice theme. (y) I'll submit something this time
Learner Driver

Wow, sound like a simple MTC, but building something original turns out to be really difficult.

Good luck every one! (y)
Quad Bike Racer

building a good short track might be harder than building a longer one, i gotta think something smart to enter this MTC ;)
Quad Bike Racer

hmm might have to think out the box a little for this one 8-|
Old Age Caravanner

15second maps? ready for some sick entries :o
I can't wait to see some experimental stuff etc.
Moped Racer

FT»lolig says:
15second maps? ready for some sick entries :o
I can't wait to see some experimental stuff etc.

I'm going experimental all the way :d those 15 seconds are going to be the craziest 15 seconds ever xD at least that's the idea anyway ;)
Moped Racer

GRRR stupid game... finished my map, trying to save it:
"error" and object you used uses textures wich do not belong to this game... so cannot save the map....

got to find a new finish object ...
and my map is damn hard XD
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem