Location: Home  Community Forums  General  First Impressions thread 
First Impressions thread
Page: 11 of 13
Post Reply  0 Observer

tbh I'm kinda disappointed from the car engine. it's weird to drive compared to tmnf. the fs system is bad, you don't gain speed without boosters and you almost can't steer your car. the drifts are too easy to get into and also too bad to control for me (mainly co'z i suck and I'm new to this game I know) it's really spongy at all.. hard to explain it feels like it's extremely delayed and also not that good controllable :/ Also the size of the Staidum is much too small for those giant blocks -.- Though the graphics and menu tools are cool and hopefully those bad driving will become less with some training
Old Age Caravanner

IMO, its very easy to gain speed without boosters...just not extreme speed, but acceptable speed, such as if you are only on GP blocks and such.
Old Age Caravanner

yes all other TM was kinda annoying for FS because you would gain so much speed all you could control was a somewhat straight track. example: desert.
Beetle Racer

This is intentional. It ensures you won't accelerate out of control on a track made out of narrow roads.
Moped Racer

My 2 cents worth

TMII and supporting sites seems like buying a
new car minus windows, seats, lights (all backordered)
But the salesman says, but look @ the new fancy
paint job & new horn we put on it. Yes its new, but its
still a desert car! Seems to be many recalls for this
new vehicle, maybe december would have been a
better time to release the 2011 model. Making purchasing
a complete car w/o bugs or possible recalls a reallity.
Therefore happy and hopefully returning customers.
Learner Driver

Ok so yesterday i installed TM2
I promised the TMNF guys i would be back on track when TM2 came out... taddaa ;D
So First impression is really good. Nice graphics (New laptop, so :p )
TMNF bored me after some years, that was the main reason why i left. This game is somehow very different.More FS based imo.Can't really bother right now (in TMNF i hated FS)
need to play it more. Have to say that the car's pretty hard to control and the offrooad is pretty buggy. Before you know it you crash your car against the wall because of some 'hidden' vegetation :-w
But then again. I need to practice way more!

Glad to see some TMNF Guys back :)
Last edited by Dutchy,
Learner Driver

I am mapping for TM for over 2 - 3 years, made many crazy (really) maps. And no, I didn't build the 5.000.000's stadium map or had any much "flow" =p in my maps. My maps had a different purpose. I also mainly made them for my friends with whom I played them. Style was kinda RPG but with more Tech elements, with COAST environment. And when you think you can't do anything fancy and really wild (don't mean simple PF maps!) with COAST, then you're sadly mistaken. Jumps etc. that were timed to the meter and such things.

Trackmania gave me a chance to do something I couldnt do with any other Game. Crazyness to its max. and for that I love Trackmania. ;) ;) (l) When I first heard about TM2 and all the better graphics and such I was really happy. Looking forward to probably my favourite Game of all time, making one more step to a even better Game.

And then was TM2.

Graphics
... says:
nice ! (y)

Sounds
... says:
nice ! (y)

Lan
... says:
Yes! (y)

Environments
... says:
Only one (kinda mixing Island & Bay) and none I liked ! :s :@

Physics
... says:
No Aircontrol, car feels like crap, drifting is the only really nice thing :s :s

Damagesystem
... says:
ROFL ... Why have a damagesystem (visual only) when there is no collision and no real damage. When you wanna have damage, play one of the many other games that have that. Thats not what TM was made for. Especially when you only have a visual damage, which makes the (hopefully soon coming) many nice car models look like crap with just 2 crashes against a wall. Redicolous ! =p

Blocks
... says:
Not really much. Those granit kinda looking things look ugly, to say the least. So many things you could do with street elements in TM, you hardly can do any of these in TM2. Decoration is redicolous less and looking. Yeah well, I don't really care for all you Pro-Drivers (no offence ment!) that don't give a **** about decoration because for you its only about racing. It was in TM, so is there any reason why not in TM2 ?

Objects now take more space on the ground as they did before. So many blocks that are only half size (centered even) but take the full space for the object to place. Considering that, the space one has to build is far smaller than before.

If NADEO would have made TM2 more like TM, just with better graphics and a few features like the drifting and the very nice Tunnel Systems (Boosts missing on that!), that would have made a really much better TM. But instead NADEO sold their soul to UBISOFT (worst step ever!) for the money in the long run and to get a Game like TM more into the eSports genre. For that so many things were sacrificed, just because the profit outweighs the rest. And I don't mean the 19.99 Euro for the game itself.

There were over 10.000.000 players for TM. (y) (y) I think that is an incredible number which, for sure no car game ever reached, and most other Games haven't as well. You think all those 10.000.000 will now switch to TM2 as it is? =p

Hardly unlikely. If you ask me, all that is a gigantic shame. :@

I am very sorry if my oppinion offended anyone or someone felt approached badly with my comments, but believe me, all this is coming from someone who really loves Trackmania (more than other things!) and feels really disappointed about what this supposed to be so much better TM game offers him. :( :$ +o(
Last edited by Wolfseye,
Learner Driver

It's hard for me to write a post in this thread since my first impression was actually way back in August. It's hard to remember my exact feelings back then.

I think... at the time, I tried to approach the game with an open mind. It's like any other game, I didn't love it at first. I enjoyed it, but I also crashed a lot while learning how the car handled. Over a week or two I gradually became a better driver. I've now played over 1000 tracks, and I find that the level of variety in Canyon is easily on par with any previous environment. That's really something to say, because these are still early days in the environment's life.

I easily have as much fun playing Canyon as I did Stadium, Bay, Island, Desert... or any of the other environments that I loved. To me, the blocks, car handling, graphics... everything is solidly grounded in TM's history... and yet moves the game forward.

Yes, I've grown to love Canyon. It's actually my favorite environment now. I don't even play TMF anymore. Not saying I never will again, but for now I have no interest in going back to it.

That having been said, some aspects of the game seem a bit rushed (probably cause they were) and there's still a fair amount of bugs, although there's nothing that's really a showstopper for me. I have faith the bugs will be sorted out along with forthcoming environments. ManiaPlanet will be constantly evolving for quite a while.
Site Leader

^^ what he said. 8-|
Beetle Racer

eyebo for president :)
G-kart Racer
Page: 11 of 13 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem