Location: Home  Community Forums  General  First Impressions thread 
First Impressions thread
Page: 12 of 13
Post Reply  0 Observer

one thing though I would like to say...short and sweet..
want to blend desert and island..np, the graphics you added make it work
*thumbs up
but lets go one step more and add some cool roads that are narrow...oh oh...
and lets put overhangs(awnings) on them to make the road even tighter..
much frustration on many maps. Many players are super racers...many are not but
enjoy the game. I think to add this for the graphics content, the visual aspect
if you will, would have been smarter to allow transparancy so the car would
or could go through this peice without crashing.
But please know..the step up in the transformation in the game is well
worth the few bumps in the road we all will have.
(l)
Last edited by atphavoc,
G-kart Racer

A really short story:
- New editor is too annoying, too small.
- Not so addictive as TMU & TMN
Learner Driver

back in june on tmfx...

masterdisaster says:
about the game itself, canyon looks quite fun, but there's something with the handling of the car that doesn't quite convince me. could be the weird sliding, or the lack of air control and the massive bouncing that follows, or even the fact that some (most) of the 'new' blocks i've seen seem as good as the crapload of blocks tms extreme gave us (you know what i mean).

man, i swear i hope to be wrong as hell.

damn it, i was not. i feel something's missing.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

I haven't got the chance to play yet :(

o Graphic : I like the graphics...they make the TM stand out,like a serious game...but it's not all butterflies and rainbows...I saw in most videos (pictures,forums too ),that there are alot of bad quality textures,which are really visible,and look really ugly...so that's a negative point...I also liked the idea of "cars taking damage" ...ofc we know that cars run trough one another,so I think that's a bit pointless...you won't hit every single wall,or something to crash...even when you do,96% of players will restart, and you won't see any damage on your car what so ever...but I like that the Nadeo guys wanted to boost the realizm . :done: :build:

o Editor : I have no experience with the editor...I saw many new features,all the new blocks and stuff...but I can't actually say how I feel about it,because I haven't tried it yep...but assuming on the maps that have came from many players here on Tmx,I think that the new editor has fitted well into our little society ^^ . :wait:

o Gameplay : I like the idea of fast cars, rushing trough the map, with awesome big drifts..etc...But same as the editor...I haven't expirienced driving yet...so I can't say anything...but for a first impression...Idk if I would like it...I'm a control freak...I like controling the car,and not losing my grip...since I play with keyboard, and the sensitivity in Canyon is like way over the top,I think that I would fly all over the track without control...but ofc that's just my impression from what I saw so far...my experience in driving is still 0% (sad face) . :wait:

o MediaTracker : I have been reading about this one ^^ as many (not so many...I'm not famous) know that I like doing some MT stuff...I'm a skilled TMNF/UF MediaTracker,and I like making intros,gps,outro,etc...But,I have noticed that not much has been changed in Canyon...There are just few changes,and few new components and that's it...so,big plus on that,cuz I like to keep it simple,keep it old school . :done:
" Gameplay : 9 / 10
" MediaTracker : 10 / 10
o Overall : 9 / 10

- I think that TM2 Canyon is a new and fresh,and a good game...I just hope that I will have the chance to play it :(

Peace :cool:
G-kart Racer

you're quite right about "flying all over the track" imho, not rly easy for keyboarders to control car well, at least much harder than in Stadium.
Zimmer Racer

I actually find it much easier with keyboard than previous environments.

It's certainly more fair as well. There seems to be less separation in times between a good keyboarder and a good analog driver here.
Site Leader

can't agree with you, sorry. times are similar indeed (so hunting is fair), but general control of the car (= fun you get) is harder and needs more training.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

+ graphics
+ drifting
+ mediatracker
+ lights which you can change the colour of
+ not limited to one type of start / finish

- air control
- loops / wallrides
- narrow roads (when used badly)
- hidden lumps in ground which send you flying
- car damage

hopefully there will be some more blocks to use
G-kart Racer

what's wrong with the damage? :p
· · · – – – · · ·

well if i like, even touch a wall, my car gets a huge dint in it and makes my car look silly. :<
G-kart Racer
Page: 12 of 13 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem