Location: Home  Community Forums  General  First Impressions thread 
First Impressions thread
Page: 13 of 13
Post Reply  0 Observer

Well if you touch a wall you should normally restart anyway. I think the damage is a good way of telling you if you have crashed if you only just scraped a wall and didn't notice, very useful. I can understand you not liking it though. It does kinda rub it in, like "haha, you crashed, now you broke your car lololololol" but I still like it 8-|

I don't remember first impressions exactly but it went something like this...
"oh this looks like the coast car a little. Doesn't look as good as tmu, probably because I've got graphics on minimum. Oh yay, we're starting, ok, little s bend. Now round the corner.... *BANG* ok, not the same as the coast car, doesn't steer sharp, goes faster. ok, try again... little s bend. Now out really wide, and around the corner nicely... And omg a sharper corner *SMASH.* Ok, now again, come on, slow down a little round the corner, OMG I'M SPINNING OUT WEEEEEEEEEEE *WHAM* Ok then, now I know how to do it. *drives track in almost worst line possible* YAY I FINISHED THE TRACK. WOOOOOOOO

And that's the story of me getting silver on A01 :cool:
Old Age Caravanner

:p I got to grips with the handling a lot easier because it's almost exactly like a stadium-on-island envmix.

Agreed on the damage. It's like the game paints a huge trollface on your roof. "Yeah you crashed back there. Did you forget? You CRASHED!" Then again when you do hit something and your record run is over, it is fun to try and wreck your car the rest of the way before you restart.

I wish I could turn it off for RPG/trial type tracks though. Your car is going to be in one piece for about 30 seconds.
Moped Racer

Hey,
my first message on this Forum, :)

There has been a lot of talking about the graphics the new editor, I will just say the Graphics are wonderful and the editor is better. :done: There is a lot of new pieces but I agree with the signs blocks that you can't stick to each other. :build: Making a GPS is a bit harder you can just import a replay as in TMF. you need to first take a replay, then open the replay editor, save the replay as a clip then return to the map and import the clip :@

Some says the gameplay of tm² Canyon is like island bay, I don't think so I think it has common points with a lot environments some with Island and Bay but also some with desert and coast. But then if you look for connection you will always find some ;) . When I play Canyon I play it as a new envi. I find there is much less bugs then Stadium, and I just try to like every aspect of it. :done: But the biiiig loop is realy hard :wait: but it is still fun to play just hard

I have newly started looking into maniascript, it really has a huge potential, but will take some time before we actually see spectacular things. Devs still works on other stuff, learning the game developing the server tools. In the servers we can now have manialinks with text input :d so you don't need to use complicated command lines. Actually only Gaseco does this but hopefully other server controllers will fallow. That gives us a lot of work to do :done:

That is my impressions on TM² ;)
Learner Driver

Really, when I fired up the game for the first time, I noticed how different it was from previous TM games. I honestly like the more realistic handling of vehicles, I think it's going to open a ton of new styles of tracks.

Oh, and am I the only one who had trouble with Nadeo's A8?
Old Age Caravanner

trackracer11 says:
Oh, and am I the only one who had trouble with Nadeo's A8?

Just wait 'till metoxys sees your question.
He's only a little obsessed with A08.
He claims he hates it, but I think he secretly loves it. :cool:
Site Leader

It's addicting though, like most LOL maps. :p
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 13 of 13 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem