GPS again :)
Page: 2 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer

Fail link ^_^ you might want to fix that. ;)
Site Leader

I think he meant Thunderbolt or Moving power (which has my screen ^^)
Zimmer Racer

Well obviously one of those two as those are Panis' only Nations maps. :p
Site Leader

yeah, i guess nations is not link friendly. i did mean thunderbold because that one came first i believe.
Beetle Racer

it can be linked,use the "external link" over the track page.
Old Age Caravanner

wraith says:

GCC = Guide Course Car
TCC = Track Course Car
GTC = Ghost Track Car
IR = Instant Replay
IRR = Instant Replay Route
IGR = Instant Ghost Replay
GTD = Ghost Test Dummy lol
AID = Artifical Intelligence Driver lol

but to be honest i would think alot of gamers all know what the GPS stands for, not sure if people would call it something else, as i think this was said sometime ago in the forums on TMX approx for tmu not sure on that tho..someone can quote me on that..

well for my money if i had to vote i would vote for Guide car or Route Car as they seem to most accurately fit the bill. :)

but hey= embedded erors are really hard to eradicate from peoples minds.. :) and of course they can call it whatever they want... but i suspect its origins and continued popularity is that in the early days it sorted sounded cool to include the latest techno speak = even if it was rong.. rong rong.. ;)
Last edited by atozix,
Learner Driver

eyebo says:

Personally, I don't even add GPS to 99% of my tracks. I don't really see a need. If the track is made well, the driver will see where to go as he drives. The only times I really appreciate a GPS is on a track with multiple reuses or some really confusing and open parts. Then again, for some incredibly difficult tracks like trial or RPG maps... I really frown on seeing a GPS because the object of the track is for the driver to figure out where to go. If you spoon feed him, all the fun is lost.

and i agree = most tracks do not need a guide car.... but some afficionados or beginners may like to see the best corner lines (assuming the author does indeed know the best lines ;))... so i can see why they are included... but i still think that auto running it from the start line can be annoying for reasons previously stated...

cc aa :)
Learner Driver

atozix says:
wraith says:

GCC = Guide Course Car
TCC = Track Course Car
GTC = Ghost Track Car
IR = Instant Replay
IRR = Instant Replay Route
IGR = Instant Ghost Replay
GTD = Ghost Test Dummy lol
AID = Artifical Intelligence Driver lol

but to be honest i would think alot of gamers all know what the GPS stands for, not sure if people would call it something else, as i think this was said sometime ago in the forums on TMX approx for tmu not sure on that tho..someone can quote me on that..

well for my money if i had to vote i would vote for Guide car or Route Car as they seem to most accurately fit the bill. :)

Come then guys lets have bit fun Vote for the above Names for GPS. or simple GPS will do

i go for GPS+1, or maybe these IR, GCC,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

ok = i vote RC for route car. :)
Learner Driver

I don't understand why it's such a big deal. When you see a "Back for GPS," you know exactly what will happen if you drive backwards. It's just nomenclature.
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 2 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem