Tattoos
Page: 5 of 6
Post Reply  0 Observer

lol md :d
..wasn't me

Januy says:
Of course you are free to express your opinion. It's just getting a bit boring that you only express your opinion when it's the exact opposite of what others think. And when you only do that, people create the image around you that you're always trying to start an annoying discussion.

And there is also a thing called being polite. Calling tattoos disgusting (and let's just forget for now that you're calling people losers for their personal taste related to designs) is fine, but if you think a bit deeper you should realize that you're somewhat insulting others because they are now feeling like they are doing something disgusting.

That is of course, if they'd care about your opinion. But if we wouldn't do that about anyone's opinion we wouldn't get very far, now would we.

Now you can say that you also have your freedom to insult others indirectly, sure. But don't blame us if we don't want to have a discussion with you and if we call you a dick :done:

I must say that I don't have the feeling that I'm telling you something new, but whatever.

tl:dr: Don't post if you have nothing to add, other than your insulting opinion.

I don't know if you understand that I'm being coy

there are people on this board who I dislike and I will contradict them because I simply can. People insult people they don't like, it's a way of life. I know I don't have to agree with people on the internet, because I know I'm never going to meet them. Excuse me for exploiting one of the perks of the internet.
Also, if I want to agree with people, I talk to my friends in real life. Though just because any social contact you have is on this board, doesn't mean I or everyone should abide by your ideal social needs.

You seem to have made it your personal crusade to try to get back at me. I don't know what I've done to you in the past bro, but you sure bear grudges huh.

PS : I'm a real polite person off the board. Ask anyone who has talked to me on msn :cool: 'specially Andrew's asian friend
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

I'm with Januy on this.

If you're such a nice guy elsewhere, why can't that kind of behavior translate? No one says that you have to agree with everything you see on the boards. There are many things that I, for example, have spoken out against. I do so with well-formed arguments and non-abrasive statements, not personal attacks and other unnecessary comments.

... says:
People insult people they don't like, it's a way of life.

There are so many things wrong with this. There are many people in my life whom I do not like. I don't go about insulting them, and I wouldn't even if I could do so anonymously. Also, what could I have possibly done to you for you to call my friends terrible? This kind of unprovoked personal attack is not something that belongs on these boards; I don't care how anonymous you are.

Also, if I am to understand your post correctly, you disagree with with people you don't like with back-handed, insulting comments because you'll never meet them? I'm sorry, but that's absurd. There should be an inherent decency with conversation. It appears that you purposefully sidestep this idea with what you call 'honesty' wrapped around insulting dissension. There's no room for comments like this in a decent discussion.

There's no grudge where Januy is coming from, and the same could be said about me. I have not seen your forum activity outside of this forum, so I don't know what's in your past. All I know is the behavior that you've presented primarily in this thread.
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
Also, what could I have possibly done to you for you to call my friends terrible?

lol calm down.

did I not say my friends were terrible too.

I would say that to anyone on the internet, not just you.

Also, I don't think you get how British people deal with each other. They insult each other, and they're self-deprecating. We can take a joke or an insult. Maybe you were raised in some politically correct nightmare of a place, but you should maybe try expanding your horizons and see that not everyone everywhere needs to employ these fake and superficial rules of decorum to wherever they go. British people are honest, not just me. They're not superficial and they don't act goody-goody because they're too caught up in the tangle of etiquette to say what they really feel.

Now, not all British people are how I act on this forum, and hell I don't act this way anywhere else. Why? Again, because I know British people who act like me in real life, and I know how to deal with them, and I know how to take a joke from them. They're swell. Also, diversion has a lot to do with how I act like I act-- so what if I want a little bit of escapism on the internet?

Bucky says:
Also, if I am to understand your post correctly, you disagree with with people you don't like with back-handed, insulting comments because you'll never meet them?

I don't really, no. If I disagree with someone when they seem rational enough, I'll response in a calm enough manner. But if they're just wrong and completely obnoxious about it, I will call them out on it, and throw in a few comments here and there to properly convey my disliking of them.

Also I'm pretty sure that most of my "insults" have been provoked for the longest time now since I stopped purposely trolling people. I did say your friends were terrible, sure, but that wasn't backhanded or intended to be malicious. I was just calling it as I saw it.

Just deal with it.
Moped Racer

I'm one of Bucky's terrible friends. Yay :cool:
Site Leader

The circumstances of my upbringing are not relevant to this discussion.

Don't think for one second that I'm being dishonest, or speaking about anything other than how I feel. I have no reason to lie. There are no 'fake rules'. It's called common decency; it's called respect.

The rest of the world can take a joke. You must understand that there's a line. Sarcasm delivered in text form is not as easy to discern as it is in plain speech. A statement such as "you have terrible friends." without so much as a colon-p can make it seem like you're trolling, especially given the reputation you seem to have.

I'm not writing this to complain about a single post. I know that there are not enough things written on internet forums such as these that can be taken seriously.

Also, you can be assured that personal attacks will indeed be 'just dealt with'.

@eyebo: sure, sure. keep telling yourself that. ;)
Sports Saloon Racer

Oh I don't bear any grudge against you Michael, but I've reached this point where I just want to see a post of you in which you aren't being "Britishly honest" 8-|

I've read so much posts from you and I've have seen (and have been included in) so much discussions with you that it has almost become a little project to change your "attitude" here on the forums. And the last few months it has changed. Like a disabled person standing up from his wheelchair, but I want to give him the last push to let him walk.

I start to think you'll never walk :p But now I realize it's fine! You have to understand however, everything you post on the internet gets an increased load, so sarcasm is hard to understand sometimes (as we all know). And your humour can be taken as personal insults :cool:

But as I said, I don't think we're explaining anything new here.

Back to Toy-Car-Racer :(

... says:
The rest of the world can take a joke. You must understand that there's a line. Sarcasm delivered in text form is not as easy to discern as it is in plain speech.

That's very true. And often when I read my posts another time I find them capable of being misunderstood.
Other times I just think people should just think a moment before they reply huffy.

I like this quote:

"Men socialize by insulting each other, but they don't really mean it.
Women socialize by complimenting each other, and they don't really mean it either." ;)
..wasn't me

this thread is derailed/boring
Quad Bike Racer

I agree with Fallout. I can't even see the rails anymore.
Site Leader
Page: 5 of 6 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem