Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 1 of 20
Locked  0 Observer
TM² Valley - discussion  
I guess I'll start the Valley topic. ;)

I'll try to keep a tally of news and announcements as they happen in this top post, and below you can discuss stuff as it relates to this new and awesome title! :d

I'm posting everything in reverse order so that the newest stuff is always on top. :d

- July 2, 2013 -
New screenshot released:

- July 1, 2013 -
New screenshot released:

- June 27, 2013 -
News: No beta of Valley (source).
Release date set for full release! July 4, 2013! (source)
Price is set at 19,99€ (source)

Professor Kliq has released three of the songs that are part of the Valley OST, including the menu music.

New screenshots released by Nadeo:

(screenshot above, with Valley logo)

- June 17, 2013 -
New art showed up online.

(Large size of above art)

- March 31, 2013 -
Hylis showed Valley again at ManiaGala.
More video links will be added as they're found

- January 23, 2013 -
New screenshot (from ingame maniahome update):

ShootMania release has been delayed in favor of doing an Open Beta.
This raised some questions among TM players about whether Valley & Stadium are pushed back even further.

Hylis said yesterday about Valley & Stadium:
"Hylis" says:
Meanwhile, we will resume our work on Trackmania as soon as tomorrow with Stadium and Valley in the same horizons we had before, with maybe a month more maximum. Even if it is difficult to see, we are often making things that are both useful for track and shoot.

"Hylis" says:
[...] what took us the most time was also the Maniaplanet system. Without it, it was too difficult to have multiple environments, and it is quite complex: custom ladders, custom datas, custom news, clouding, hierarchical server browser, custom scripts etc. There is still some job to be done, but that first iteration was much longer than anticipated.

The 12th of Febuary is the launch of the beta of this system with a lot of people. We will have some work to do on it on performance side probably. Once this beta is done, then Maniaplanet will be live. Meanwhile, the environments of Storm, Stadium and Valley are being prepared to be released in order to go around of the launch of the Maniaplanet system.

[...] For me, the version of the 12th of Febuary [of ShootMania Storm] will be on par with the expected version of the 23rd of January. We had to develop some specific stuff for some other topic that players will be informed on time, and it combines well with the open beta. But if someone expected the game we wished to do to be there today, he only has to wait 3 weeks, not 3 weeks and 2 months. These 3 weeks are somehow what is loss on Trackmania as well. But otherwise, things are like before on the development side.

- December 19, 2012 -
New screenshot leaked by Nadeo as part of the Beta2 update for MP2.0/SM. This is the pack image.

- November 16, 2012 -
New screenshot released:

- November 9, 2012 -
New screenshot released:

- November 2, 2012 -
TM² Valley announced at Paris Games Week simultaneously with TM² Stadium (see other topic)

People are invited to SIGN UP for the BETA on trackmania.com/valley

Announcement Trailer Released!!! (Gallery of ScreenCaps)

Part 2 of the Nadeo Presentation presented by Hylis. Go to 1:30 for the start of the TM² Valley presentation. The trailer is shown first. And then at 4:49 you can see Hylis open the game and play it a little. Or watch this video to see the gameplay only.

Artwork from the ManiaPlanet Blog entry:

Photos from Facebook:

The info below is given:

... says:
Best looking TM² to date - Whatever your PC is, the Valley will be gorgeous. Better details and lighting, for a top looking racing ground.

Technical driving - Realistic and unforgiving, the Valley gameplay is challenging and will reward your precision and dedication.

Experience ManiaPlanet 2.0 - ManiaPlanet has changed alot since the release of TrackMania² Canyon, and there is much more to it now! With tools to create your tournaments, your team and more, you are more in control than ever before. Between creation and competition, everybody will find a new cutting edge experience.

Ultimate online servers and tournaments offer - Up to 200 players can challenge each other at once on the same track! With the new official competitive ranking and team recognition, you can aim at being champion of you favorite competition.

- Late 2010/Early 2011? -
We learn that TM² Valley will be pushed back and TM² Canyon will become the first TM² environment. The car from Valley would be taken and used in Canyon, albeit with continued development until release.

- January 2010 -
"3D Test" video showing TM² Valley is uploaded to YouTube.

- October 5, 2009 -
Nadeo is acquired by Ubisoft.

- September 2009 -
Yes, the story starts all the way back in Sept 2009.
TrackMania 2 shown at FJV Paris and later revealed to be the "Valley" environment.
See a video of the Trailer recorded at the event
See a video of the editor recorded at the event
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

It definitely looks aesthetically pleasant, but as I said in the other thread, I'm going to reserve judgment until I've seen the block sets.
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

Too much junk around the edges again. Too much about looking pretty instead of allowing transitions.

At least this time the car doesn't drift.

Stadium 16 replies, Valley 1 reply - Get the hint Nadeo and make some sort of Space environment with hovering platforms, hard light roads with no traffic signs and trees and designed to enable interesting transitions and creative tracks.

Signed up for the Stadium beta. :p
Moped Racer

I would like to see the same as Enai. A more abstract envi would allow much more to built.
But I guess Stadium is as close as it can get.
;)
Beetle Racer

is it just me or does the valley car look like a riced Mini
Quad Bike Racer

I need this in my life!

Feels like they went more oldschool TM with the physics compared to Canyon, love it :d
· · · – – – · · ·

Tuta says:
I need this in my life!

Feels like they went more oldschool TM with the physics compared to Canyon, love it :d

100% agree

i'm a ctually a bit scared by this: "Realistic and unforgiving, the Valley gameplay is challenging and will reward your precision and dedication"
    md
Quad Bike Racer

Enai Siaion says:

At least this time the car doesn't drift.

Min 1:26 (in oficial trailer linked before): It clearly drift 8-|
Quad Bike Racer

All cars drift, even the snow car. :p
Site Leader

Exploding Lemon»LT says:
is it just me or does the valley car look like a riced Mini

I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the trailer :p
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem