Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 5 of 20
Locked  0 Observer

Virus says:
I bought it the day it came out, there was no trial version. Grown up people don't talk about what they don't know.

Dashing comeback. Totally obliterates my real point with the post.
· · · – – – · · ·

I missed your point like you missed mine. Your aggressivity made your forget half of what i said, nevermind.
Quad Bike Racer

Virus says:
I missed your point like you missed mine. Your aggressivity made your forget half of what i said, nevermind.

Might I get the permission to add then:

I disagree with everything except that shadows indeed are a bit too dark in places.

Which in your post got to -> never buy a nadeo environment again, they are so greedy and make shit. Pirate instead. 20 euro is not an honest price.

Which I also disagreed with.
· · · – – – · · ·

Virus, seriously, take a walk, get some fresh air. No one here wants to read that sort of negativity.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

he may have used an inappropriate approach, but i don't feel like he's totally wrong.

when canyon and the whole tm2 concept was in the early making nadeo specified about a whole new game (and not a simple 'update') more than once.
well i honestly can't see much difference between the basic concept of tm and tm2. ok, there's the whole sm/qm thing, but let me ignore it for a moment.

tm2 editor actually IS already aged. the same limitation we had in tmo we have now. seems to me nadeo didn't really learn anything from the past. i mean, where's the real, updated track-editor? why there's no such a thing like a smart grid so we can place objects with more freedom? or some kind of real-time terraforming freed from the old fixed square grid?
a more user-friendly object import and why not, even editor?
i was expecting for a real track editor 2.0, and all we had was another environment with cooler graphics.

am i disappointed?
yes. A LOT. tm could have been the starting point for a brand new system. instead we have a really huge bowl filled with random content without any sign of organization. i mean, seriously, i have like 9 titles right now. 9-fucking-titles for basically 2 games. i can't even imagine once the game will be more developed, it's going to look like hell. also some features (scripts, block imports..) are really obscure and unfriendly, most of the profile-related content is lost in some webpages i don't even know of, manialinks are basically useless and the whole concept of 'in-game operating system' is quite random and unorganized.
imho, they aimed a bit too high for this, and ended up coding stuff without a real solid structure. i can see it all falling at some point.

am i disappointed?
no, i like the way the tmu editor worked and i'm fine with this one after all. i'm a nadeo-bitch anyway.
edit: also, the whole maniaplanet system is still in beta, so who know.. let's be optimistic just for once?!
Last edited by md,
    md
Quad Bike Racer

md says:
tm2 editor actually IS already aged. the same limitation we had in tmo we have now. seems to me nadeo didn't really learn anything from the past. i mean, where's the real, updated track-editor? why there's no such a thing like a smart grid so we can place objects with more freedom? or some kind of real-time terraforming freed from the old fixed square grid?
a more user-friendly object import and why not, even editor?
i was expecting for a real track editor 2.0, and all we had was another environment with cooler graphics.

Grid limitations are not a huge problem to me. Maybe it can be a bit annoying sometimes, but hey, we can still get cool results making them the way it's supposed to!
Learner Driver

Considering no other editor comes anywhere close to that of tm...
Moped Racer

sims editor is much more powerful =p
Zimmer Racer

Mod Nations Racers editor is far better than TM2.
Quad Bike Racer

Meant racing :p
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer
Page: 5 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem