Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  75 Builders Project - Collecting Parts: Round 2 
75 Builders Project - Collecting Parts: Round 2
Page: 12 of 75
Post Reply  0 Observer

Very good idea, broadsword!

I had the idea of vertical District-transitions aswell and I think it could improve the Track itself, since there would be more transitional ideas!

Also I think the idea of Transitions in mid-heigth of the Districts could be interesting too!
Like you'd go up a District and then halfway down -> transition -> next District would begin in mid-heigth!
Quad Bike Racer

I thought about this broadsword, but in my 3 hours of setting up the layout I realized this would be practically impossible to co-ordinate. My transitions between levels, and I made a LOT of them in planning out the layout, would be done between parts. Although I really love the idea of a multi-person loop, for example, I would've had to plan this out in the layout ahead of time, and I couldn't count on getting those builder pairs.
Moped Racer

@broadsword
while in principle i agree with you on the builders colaboratiing with each other it would force a major restriction on the prooject. All builders parts would need to be in predefined positions and it would force those builders with not too much time to dedicate to have too much work in coordinating with the people building adjacent to them (thining that the majority of people would need to coordianate with 2 others).
That would be very tricky

Quad Bike Racer

I knew many if not most people would want to build on the ground as well, so I set it up on a first come first serve basis. Keep in mind though, that dirt sections are going to be either small or cramped; you only have an 8x8 box to work with.

The number is dynamic, there are now 18 slots, excuse the confusion.
Moped Racer

There could be another solution. If a pair of Trackmania friends feel that they would like to design their parts with horizontal transitions, they could be allowed to contact you as a pair. Cxom then could schedule their parts as level-transition parts, which will eventually be needed anyway to get between the layers, and accept or deny them (depending on how many pairs there are) and tell them if they're to go upwards or downwards - sort of like the "first come, first serve"-policy there is on ground floor spots right now. And even though you (Cxom) schedule them as a transition part, you can still perhaps reorder these eventual transition parts depending on where they fit the best driving wise. Anyways, the decision will ultimately be up to you, Cxom, since your work might be made more difficult through these transitions.

I also agree with .zapph about mid-height transitions. In fact, maybe all same-layer transitions should be at perhaps height 3, as that would mean that the builder can either go upwards or downwards (or stay level) as they please, offering maximum variety/identity.
Moped Racer

As templates have already been built, I'm sorry to say this is not how things worked out. All templates involve starts and ends in upper and lower corners.

About special transitions on the same level, I suppose if some people really wanted to I could organize this. They would need to warn me long ahead of time though, like right now.
Moped Racer

Even though we still need 5 builders, we're nearing the time when templates are going to start getting handed out.

For these reasons, the following Guidelines have been added to the rules.

o Once you get your part, make sure you re-read the rules to check for changes or updates. I've been updating them a lot.

o Make sure to stay inside the outlined area. You should not be getting rid of any platform blocks; treat it like a box, you should only be building inside it. There is one exception, given below.

o If you are on ground level, and terraforming, the forest overlay ONLY may be allowed to replace the platform blocks. Nothing else should be replacing these blocks, including hills or dirt blocks (roads). All other terraforming must be kept within the box, and the overlay should NOT go beyond the platform blocks.

o In regards to the above, keep in mind,as already stated, that you should not be going below the default surface of map.

o I will send you your templates with your box #, your MX username, and a 2 letter code that represents what template you received (Do not worry about this). The format will be ##-username-XX (XX being the 2 letter code). Please return your part in this format. (For example, 34-Cxom-CU, or 41-Cxom-ID)

o You must realize that your section will likely be changed in a few spots without your consent. This is necessary both for flow of the track and efficiency of editing. Of course however, the majority of your trackroute will remain how you built it.
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer

Additionally, as just a heads up, I want to warn everyone who was hoping to build dirt; it's going to be very hard, it isn't designed for it.

Not only do you only have an 8x8 square, you also have to get the track up above the trees in order to get to the finish.
Moped Racer

btw, I prefer ground level ;)
Moped Racer
Templates  
Templates are currently being built and handed out. All information has been consolidated in the first post. Please look there from now on for important info
Moped Racer
Page: 12 of 75 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem