Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Jan 2016 - U-Turn Drama 
MTC Jan 2016 - U-Turn Drama
Page: 2 of 8
Post Reply  0 Observer

haenry says:
Between the two 180° you can make it longer.

Only each individual 180° has to stay short, so that it is one turn.
See this picture. The lower (red) U turn is too long and therefore does not count as one u-turn.

For pictures you can click the picture icon with the tree on it above. Then paste a direct link (looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/R7ghSnS.png )

Yes
G-kart Racer

fredair says:
SPEED|KNIGHT says:
How you post images like that ^^ takes forever through imgur? fredair you allready busy building map?

finished Kappa

Man you build fast
G-kart Racer

small question: is this allowed?
I mean the final ("HUGE") U-turn. I had to make it into 3 pieces to allow auto drifting the whole turn long, also added small boosters to speed the turn up when you leave the turn, wich avoids driving straight parts. also placed the drops a block to the left so you have to make a curve lik line and not a straight line. anyways I would like to hear whet you think heanry.
(low quality GIF file)
Moped Racer

The huge U-turn looks fine. I mean it's a real U-turn and even a bit more so it must be fine.

But the 4th turn starting on the offroad does not look like a full u-turn to me. You don't enter it parallel to the block grid and already leave it earlier than parallel to the grid. So it looks definitely smaller than 180°. :o
gado is a

haenry says:
The huge U-turn looks fine. I mean it's a real U-turn and even a bit more so it must be fine.

But the 4th turn starting on the offroad does not look like a full u-turn to me. You don't enter it parallel to the block grid and already leave it earlier than parallel to the grid. So it looks definitely smaller than 180°. :o

wel the other one is something like this: \_i~
Moped Racer

It's hard to judge from that gif. I think a top down view would clarify it a bit better. Don't you think?

For me it looks like this: \_/
Ascii art is not really accurate tho :p
gado is a

How does it work if i calculate my turns with sds/s4ds? Since driving the turn normally will result in straight parts while sding would make it a full U turn, how are they considered?

And if i make a turn that goes into a tube (loop blocks) but i still need to turn into it ? and if it goes in a quarter pipe, then quarter wall to 3/4 pipe but i still have to turn all long to get it?
Last edited by AR »DrHugs.,
Quad Bike Racer

Allowed?? Wanna be save ??
Last edited by Knight Jr.,
G-kart Racer

Yeah speed knight, it's fine (y)

DrHugs,
sds = speed drifts?
If the fastest way to drive it is one smooth turn, then it's fine. In that case it doesn't matter what technique you use. (slide or noslide)

And I don't get what you're trying to tell me in the 2nd paragraph :p
gado is a

everything ok sofar?
Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
Beetle Racer
Page: 2 of 8 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem