Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Jan 2016 - U-Turn Drama 
MTC Jan 2016 - U-Turn Drama
Page: 3 of 8
Post Reply  0 Observer

80% of all Stadium tech maps (especially TrueTalentCup maps) fit into this theme. I recognized these maps consist all the time only of 180° turns, which I didn't like, as creativity and variation was missing, when they had no rule which forced them to build it like this.
Moped Racer

@ haenry

1 - Let's say i have a 70° turn, going into a full tube but i have to turn all tube long to make it, it's ok?

2 - If i have a turn of about 110° leading to a quarter pipe, this quarter pipe linked to one wall block, linked to a 3/4 pipe but i still have to turn all long to make it the right way? Since the angle comes to 3d going in different directions idk how it goes.

1 -

2 -
Last edited by haenry,
Quad Bike Racer

Fredair, that gif took ages to load, but it seems fine.

DrHugs, make it a 45° entrance in 1 and it looks okay. The tube is mainly straight it seems.

The 2nd thing looks okay, if the entrance of the tube is <45° ;)
gado is a

hmm I see what you mean Heanry I'll fix it right now :p
anyways here is the top view. I think that U-turn is questionable. some will say it's valid while others will say its not.

edit: well I just found out it depends on how you drive it. you can drive it like this \_/ but if you drive a bit more straight you get a nice U just made a few runs like this. only need to delete that cp behind than.
Last edited by FT»lolig,
Moped Racer

The red turn is the problem. A full red turn and then the orange path would work fine. But the blue turn is a bit too short compared to the red ;)
If it depends on the driving line, you should make sure that the fastest line has correct u-turns ;)
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

so basically we can make only 2 kind of turns: 1.very small less than 45° 2.big 180° or more(i.e. 270°/360°), am I right?

Quad Bike Racer

Yes, that is the point of this theme ;)
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

haenry says:
Yes, that is the point of this theme ;)

two questions: 2 right turn (45°) allowed?

Is this allowed? (I build a new map because my old one sucked) because i build 2 drops with points where you dont steer (2 drops)
Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
Beetle Racer

In those pink areas, do you have to drive straight a little bit?

Because then those are not continuous turns and so it doesn't count as one big u-turn ;)
gado is a

haenry says:
In those pink areas, do you have to drive straight a little bit?

Because then those are not continuous turns and so it doesn't count as one big u-turn ;)

if you steer (in the air) you start drifting after landing
Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
Beetle Racer
Page: 3 of 8 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem