Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Other TM² environments, new blocks? 
Other TM² environments, new blocks?
Page: 1 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer
Other TM² environments, new blocks?  
Hey guys

I don't know if there's anything known about this, but I'm just wondering. In TM² canyon, I feel like there are some blocks not in the game, that should be there. For example, there's no multilap block at the platform section, though there are start, finish and checkpoint blocks. I also feel like I'm missing something at the oblique roads, and some blocks doesn't even fit while they should.

I love this game, but I really miss some blocks that (in my opinion) should be in the game. So my question is: will there be an expansion for this game that adds new blocks or is it going to be possible in the future to create your own blocks (because I heard it several times)?

Thanks for reading my long story lol I hope this will all be clear for me soon.

~Elmigo
G-kart Racer

I'm not a developer of the game, nor am I associated with them. I only know what I know from reading the Official ManiaPlanet forums and the ManiaPlanet blog. So please take what I say knowing that I'm just someone like yourself, gleaning what I can from the blog and forums.

The developers and maniaplanet forum moderators have hinted at many things. I will summarize what I've heard below...

ManiaPlanet 2.0, which is coming before we receive ShootMania Storm (which is said to come out the first half of this year), will probably introduce some, if not all, of the following...

• New Canyon blocks
  • Title packs
  • Stunt mode + a Stunt campaign
  • Platform mode + a Platform campaign
  • Custom game modes
  • Bug fixes for Canyon
  • The new launch screen with a carousel of titles/environments to choose from.

We can probably expect MP2.0 within the next month or two. But the developers haven't said any specific date. At the very least we should start learning some more about MP2.0 before it's release.

There is the possibility for Canyon to continue to receive improvements as long as ManiaPlanet and its titles are in development. Nadeo has said that they will be working on 9 different titles for this game. 3 for each genre (TrackMania, ShootMania, and QuestMania). Canyon is just the first of these titles. ShootMania Storm is coming next, and after that we are looking forward to the next TrackMania environment called Valley. We also know the second ShootMania environment is called Cryo. So we can look forward to a lot of new stuff for the next few years.

About custom blocks: In mid-2010 the developers said the game would have the ability to import custom block geometries. In early 2011 they said that we wouldn't immediately be able to do this, but that they might implement it into the game later on. It leaves them open to do it if they want to. But for now, there is no possibility for it.

Here's a quote from Hylis about the new Canyon blocks:

Hylis in October 2011 says:
We are also working on some new blocs for Canyon. We could have improved the current collection here or there, but we have chosed to focus on one set of blocs in an already existing theme. So, it will be less interesting for combinations but should bring something to the feelings divertity of the environment.

(Source)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain me this. It's all clear to me now, so I guess it's just a matter of time. :)
~Elmigo
G-kart Racer

(y)
WoW eyebo, Great reply.
Thanks for all this great info.
:) :cool:
Learner Driver

No problem. ;)

Latest news is that ShootMania Storm beta should come in April.

They've said MP2.0 will come before that... so...

Sounds like MP2.0 is really close.
Site Leader

+1 cool news thx eyebo, i never get much time to read up on the MP home page, ok i know i should make time
for all the Mania linked websites to this game.....
anyway thx again for the update ;)
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Great post, thanks a lot, seems to be a great update (y)
Beetle Racer

This is from Trackmania.com. You can see a new block type in the icons at the bottom (block type 8?).

You can also see the author of this track is PapyChampy. It's probably from the new track campaign being worked on.

(Larger)

If you notice the tree icon, that's just an internal development thing for Nadeo.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

yep also if you look we have new tunnel roads coming ! 4th yellow box from the right in edit mode
looks like wider tunnels with twin roads cool..

thx again for the update eyebo :)
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

hmm to be honest, these new tunnels don't look that useful for me :s but the grphic is pretty small, maybe I just see it wrong (y)
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 14 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem