Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Other TM² environments, new blocks? 
Other TM² environments, new blocks?
Page: 10 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer

So

is it possible to make a whole track out of one imported model?

Like, you could important a mario kart map, the whole thing, as a single model and then put it in the game?
Moped Racer

well, yes ^^ start and finish should be separate tho.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

well yeah, naturally.
Moped Racer

haha, that would be kinda awesome. I'd love to drive a mario cart track with the Canyon car :d
Beetle Racer

Cool but it will never be the same without bananas! =p
Quad Bike Racer

GanjaRider says:
Cool but it will never be the same without bananas! =p

Especially if u could eat ur bananas up in those trees ! ;
Moped Racer

Now that is just gorgeous!
Feels gooood!

why is this guy so much better than nadeo
Quad Bike Racer

fallout says:
why is this guy so much better than nadeo

I wouldn't say he's better than Nadeo. He's just making a different environment with more scenery. Nadeo has made some nice stuff before and this screen reminds me of the old Rally/Coast environment.

But he certainly does the job really well on making new interesting stuff. And I kind of hope Valley is going to be something in this region. It doesn't really matter what Nadeo is going to do, it'll be awesome anyway. I like canyon as it is already. Do we need a more scenery stuff? Yeah it might spice up the game. But essentially a few more practical building blocks are more handy. For instance an extra multilap, an engine killer, some sloped platform turbo's, more interesting tunnel stuff or handier land roads, ... .

The last thing I'll say is that I hope Nadeo is looking at all of this and seeing what the customers like/build and learn from it. So that they'll make a sweet environment in the future. Maybe not Valley (because the MPBC came out pretty late) but an other environment.
Feels gooood!

CoastKid teases us with screenshots. But he is still testing how some of this stuff will affect performance on different systems. What we end up getting may not be as complex as this. Time will tell.

Speaking of performance... look at the Rally environment. Fill up the build area full of trees, set it to sunrise or sunset. And I still get bad framerate, even on my beast of a machine I built less than a year ago.
Site Leader
Page: 10 of 14 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem