Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Other TM² environments, new blocks? 
Other TM² environments, new blocks?
Page: 8 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer

rocks around the concrete road looks ugly, dude. road is manmade. those rocks were formed from millions of years of erosion. The rocks don't simply grow over the road. It looks ridiculous. good map though.

I'm sure there's a middle ground that'd fit into the game nicely perhaps.

Like, Nadeo should definitely import some block shapes from Desert into the game, like that rock that's shaped like an arch. I think a lot more could be added to make the bare canyon environment seem more interesting and better for offroading. Something like : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FUsltuNO6l8#t=60s perhaps.
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

I was able to make my first video and upload it to TM-Tube....!
Take a look here!
Moped Racer

irondragons says:
rocks around the concrete road looks ugly, dude. road is manmade. rocks were formed from millions of years of erosion. The rocks don't simply grow over the road.

Maybe the "road" was carved from the rock? parts of it felt that way to me at least.
Quad Bike Racer

yeah except they're two completely different rock types.
Moped Racer

I'm on irondragons his side here. (loved the pod race clip :d)
But still I liked the idea. And maybe they can have something different instead of the rocks/mountain. Maybe a tree or a bolder that fell from a mountain (a tree isn't really good for a canyon :p) Something like they did for the wall roads.

Something else I miss in the scenery is sand/wind erosion rocks/mountains like this or this or this or this or this or .... :p

you get the point.
Last edited by Sticky,
Feels gooood!

Sticky says:
Something else I miss in the scenery is sand/wind erosion rocks/mountains like this or this or this or this or this or .... :p

It would look pretty much like desert then. :|

Don't misunderstand me I like this kind of rocks, which are formed by erosion and I also like desert, but I also really like Canyon the way it is and I don't feel like I need another environment that looks like one, which was already there, just because it would have better graphics then.
Moped Racer

kruemelyeti (83) says:

dude some of those rock formations are located in canyons, not desert.

still, having more scenery blocks will just make the tracks look cuter, while i feel the need of more driveable stuff. hopefully not as lame [=limited, inflexible, undriveable] as most of the existing blocks are.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

kruemelyeti (83) says:

I dunno if you realize this but Canyon doesn't even look like a canyon.

Here's a picture of a canyon : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Ngaraisianok.jpg

Vegetation/Rock/Ecosystem type doesn't matter, because a canyon is actually just a deep ravine between cliffs. Unless you build the track with the expressed purpose of looking like that, the bare canyon environment isn't even a canyon, it's a desert.

Nadeo should've just called it Desert 2 or something.
Moped Racer

irondragons says:
yeah except they're two completely different rock types.

well obv the textures are off
Quad Bike Racer

The Canyon environment is what canyons look like as I know them. The canyons I'm most familiar with are ones from the southwest like this and this, and also this.

You're right that they can have different ecosystems. I'm sure there's a lot of different kinds of canyons around the world, even some in our oceans (or are those called trenches?)

The funny thing to me about the Canyon environment is that most people seem to build above the surface and never even make any "canyons". lol

To call it Desert 2 would have been more encompassing and made more sense, but it also would have been more confusing. I'm glad they went with a new name, even if its a misnomer in many cases.

There's other environments that have been oddly named. Island for example. Well Coast could have also been called Island since it is also usually on an Island. Or what about the Desert environment itself? Didn't it used to be called "Speed" and the car was called "American"? Well speed could fit every environment of TM, given the right track.

But now I'm just rambling. So I'll stop there. :p
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader
Page: 8 of 14 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem