Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Platform Trailer & Discussion 
Platform Trailer & Discussion
Page: 1 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer
Platform Trailer & Discussion  

Go check out the trailer and discuss.

More news about this new title pack will be posted below as we learn of it.

Edit: Originally the trailer was leaked (a day early) by MachinimaTrailers on YouTube. Now it's been posted by Nadeo themselves on the ManiaPlanet YouTube channel, as you can see from the link above.

Cerovan from Nadeo posted on ManiaPlanet forums a short while ago:

"Cerovan" says:
Sorry for that guys but the video has been leaked, the official announcement is for tomorrow at 6pm CEST (y)

Moreover there is a special event with it :p

"YouTube video description" says:
The Platform game mode will be made available on 25/07/2012.
Music: Professor Kliq - Flip

The trailer says:

• A new gamemode
  • A new solo campaign made of 23 mad tracks
  • Dedicated online rankings

And at the end:
Download the FREE PLATFORM PACK from your maniaplanet library

------

To get the Platform pack:

After you've updated ManiaPlanet to "Beta 1.2"...

Start Canyon and let it update as well. You'll see it downloading the new Platform Pack.

After it's done updating, restart ManiaPlanet.

Then click an empty Station.
Stations are those empty blue windows with nothing in it.
It should be next to Canyon in the ManiaPlanet menu.

When you double click one it'll ask if you want to load a title in it. Click "Choose".

Now you'll have several "DVD jewel cases" of different titles. One will be ShootMania Storm, another is TrackMania 2 Canyon, and you should also now have TrackMania 2 Platform. Obviously double click on Platform and let it load into the Station.

Now you can open it and play. Enjoy!

------

Alternatively, after you've updated ManiaPlanet and Canyon (and restarted ManiaPlanet), you can click and drag the ManiaPlanet menu down and it'll reveal the jewel cases up above the main menu. You can select Platform and choose "Load". And that will load it into an empty Station.

------

It sounds complicated, but that's only because I wrote every step. Once you get the hang of how Stations and Titles work, it's really simple.

If you have no available stations (because maybe you had a 7 day pass for ShootMania, but it has expired), then select Joust, Elite, or Heroes in one of the Stations and hit "Delete" on your keyboard. This will enable you to free up a station.

-----

Here's how multiplayer works in Platform:

"Papychampy" says:
Multiplayer rankings depend on several things.

- Number of clean runs
- The first to complete the map with a clean run will be ranked ahead in case of same finsh number for 2 players
- if no one has the time to finish the map within the time limit (which is likely to happen in servers with hard community tracks), the player that has passed the higher number of CP wins.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

it was about time... :cool:
    md
Quad Bike Racer

Canyon car physics still sucks. Although it might just be interesting... We'll see :)
G-kart Racer

Good News (y)
Old Age Caravanner

Yippee ^^
Moped Racer

eie says:
Canyon car physics still sucks. Although it might just be interesting... We'll see :)

I tend to agree in regards to RPG and Trial maps. At least competition is fair though. It sucks for everyone. :cool:

Depends partly on the tracks though of course. As you said, this could be interesting. :)

If this is anything like Platform on TMUF though, it won't be about getting the best time. It'll be about finishing with the least amount of respawns, and that's a different challenge altogether from the typical RPG\Trial experience.

I'm really looking forward to finally playing the Platform mode online. That's something we could never do in TM1.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

"Cerovan" says:

Moreover there is a special event with it :p

More informations about that? o:
Learner Driver

I'd keep my eye on http://blog.maniaplanet.com
Site Leader

Awsome! I have been waiting for this, and I wonder how the online play will work...
Beetle Racer

Finally trial make sit into the competitive scene :p Nah, just kidding. Should be worth a try, even though I'm so bad at trial+TA :)
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem