Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Platform Trailer & Discussion 
Platform Trailer & Discussion
Page: 6 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

eyebo says:
So, Canyon or Platform? It doesn't matter which title you play? Your controller doesn't work in either

doesn't work neither in platform or canyon
however, if I just go forward or backward it's all doing well
if I very slightly turn, no problems

but when turn like usual, the respons from the controller stops
so it somehow looks like an interference problem or so since it only happens if I accelerate/brake and turn at the same time. so for example in a fullspeed track I wouldn't be able to goes fullspeed and turning
You just lost the game ...

Sqweegel says:
"Stunts isn't coming in this update. This is Platform being added."

Yeah i know, but since they add platform you can hope for a stunt mode in the future ;)
I was just looking forward to this

Actually, I'm seriously dissapointed with how long it's taking. I assumed that they did TM2:Canyon (a single environment) to sort of start "episodic" style, with relatively quick updates and additions, perhaps 1 environment per 6-8 months. I certainly didn't expect that it will take them 1 year to add - how many? - 40 new tiles and 1 game mode.

Oh well...
Moped Racer

Once the first of each genre is out (TM, QM, SM), the new environments will start to come quicker.

Here's some more info about how multiplayer works for Platform:

"Papychampy" says:
Multiplayer rankings depend on several things.

- Number of clean runs
- The first to complete the map with a clean run will be ranked ahead in case of same finsh number for 2 players
- if no one has the time to finish the map within the time limit (which is likely to happen in servers with hard community tracks), the player that has passed the higher number of CP wins.

I'll add it to the first post too.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Why i cant play in offi mode?
Learner Driver

because there's none ^^
Zimmer Racer

am i getting old? seems like i'm the only one who doesn't get it. what the hell is this new platform-thingie?
starts like a different game, has different campaigns, but i can choose to play the maps i have downloaded or built for the normal canyon. they wont start anyway.
so what the ****?
offering maps in the menu u can't play? huh? usability at its best?
no new blocks, just some new campaigns, that's all? this is not what i call a new environment at all.
why didn't nadeo just integrate these into the normal canyon?

sorry, i must be dumb or blind.

argh, i dont't get the whole thing.
the only thing i get is updates, updates, updates. when i just want to play canyon. hrmpf.
help me out.
Last edited by div,
Learner Driver

if I understood, the reason for that weird separation of Canyon and Platform is that there is another leaderbord for Platform. :)
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

hm. so nadeo is seperating things that actually fit together, builds new confusing thingies for those slots while messing up the whole file system, adding new bugs for new things that sit on top of the old things with the old bugs?
lol. this will never end i suppose. we will never get a smashing canyon without bugs and all those missing blocks cause nadeo looses itself in new things.
or maybe i am just too negative atm.
Learner Driver

Yes, the multiplayer ladder is separate.

It's not that complex actually, it's just in its own little title.

You can easily build platform tracks by going to the platform title and opening the editor there. That way it uses the Platform script when you're creating your track, instead of the regular script for playing Race maps.

Platform is all about finishing in the least respawns. It's really that simple.

If played online, it's about finishing with least respawns as quickly as possible so that you can do the maximum amount of runs in the given timelimit, thus getting the best rank on the server for that round on that map.

Getting to play Platform maps online in its own gamemode is an entirely new thing we've never been able to do before.

Bear in mind that the Platform Title Pack was not developed by Nadeo. It was created by a separate studio, Nadeo Live. So while Nadeo continues to put the finishing touches on ShootMania and work towards Valley, Nadeo Live is able to focus on extending the game with the social things... ManiaPlanet Store, ManiaHome, new titles like Platform, etc.

The cool thing is that we can also now make our own title packs.

This isn't really something that new though. In some older TM games, users were able to make their own campaigns and distribute them. And in TMUF there was the "My Campaign" feature that let you set official times on community tracks and gain Skill Points from them for the Solo ladder.

So this is just an evolution of things that came before.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

ah, thanks for this great explanation :)
Learner Driver
Page: 6 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem