Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Platform Trailer & Discussion 
Platform Trailer & Discussion
Page: 9 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

Still I don't have completely understood what Ladder Points and Economic Points are useful for.
I would have paid or donated something to MX for the great quality service they're providing to us players, but now that I know about this new kind of extortion, I won't donate even one single LP and be very proud of my "learner driver" title.
Titles are not to be bought. And there's always to learn in life! For example, today I've learned something more about the mafia that spreads in the world.

Eyebo, you know that I like you and your work in ManiaExchange, but if I understand that "learner driver" means someone who didn't pay for a nicer 'title', I'll be satisfied to remain one of those "learner drivers" pilots! ;)
Learner Driver

Extortion? It works differently than you think it does.

Much like on many other forums, the title is derived from your post count. As you post, your rank will change. There's no need to donate. Users like eyebo and space have accrued a lot of posts, and their rank reflects that. I don't know offhand at which numbers your rank changes. I do know that it means next to nothing.

Green titles are given out to donators and members of the MX crew, just like on TMX. These titles can be changed by the user.
Sports Saloon Racer

Thanks Bucky for the explanation!
My comment was a joking provocation - have you seen the smiley ;) ?
However, I think we're off-topic, we should open a post about titles, donations, Ladder Points and Economic Points.
All these things are a kind of mystery around users, and a discussion would be very interesting!

Back to Platform: multiplayer is still very funny and there are some new nice tracks out there, but there are few players online. I can't improve my position since there's almost nobody to win! Are you guys all on vacation yet?!?!
Last edited by RickOstidich,
Learner Driver

what's wrong with LPs? they just reflect your position in multiplayer rankings, nothing more. maybe you meant planets?

p.s. why eyebo is not moderator any more? :o
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
p.s. why eyebo is not moderator any more? :o

Very astute of you to notice. :cool:

I decided to retire from my duties as moderator here. I just have too much going in too many areas, so I'm cutting back.

Also, sorry RickOstidich if I was misleading on the previous page. Bucky cleared things up nicely. (y)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Oh, I thought the titles were based on your MX Leaderboard ranking. Oh well. I guess that makes more sense. But yes, there are usually a max of like 30 players playing multiplayer at any give time. Thankfully though, when there are more than less, they're usually on one server.
Moped Racer

@Space: ops! of course in both comments I meant Planets, and Economic Planets! I guess that LP are a clear thing for (almost) everyone!
Learner Driver
Page: 9 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem