Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Platform Trailer & Discussion 
Platform Trailer & Discussion
Page: 2 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

finally :)
I'm so excited when Stunt will be available for TM² :)
Learner Driver

Awesome, I hope it will bring back a lot of inactive players :cool:
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

[quote=eyebo] . It sucks for everyone.[/eyebo]

HAHA good answer(Y)
Beetle Racer

SPIDER (15031) says:
[/eyebo]

=)) (forzy, where's that smile?!)
Zimmer Racer

I can't wait for stunts....
Learner Driver

yeah, that will be totally awesome!!
I enjoyed playing Stunt in TMU so much
Learner Driver

It will definetly bring a totally fresh approach to trial maps. I think it can be quite fun and entertaining to play it online, maybe I will finally try to build a trial map too. Especially with the additional tunnel-blocks there are a lot of new opportunities.

Good to see that Canyon still becomes more versatile. :)
Moped Racer

Everyone keeps saying Trial. :p

To me, Trial is a different style altogether. Trial is all about "finishing".

It's usually played in Time Attack or offline in Race mode. The route is extremely difficult. And you are trying for the best time, not the least respawns.

On many tracks respawning will help you get the best time. On some Trial tracks you will have to respawn if you ever hope to finish the track at all. A track like "Heavens on Fire" simply cannot be driven without respawns, at least not by mere mortals.

I'm sure there are style similarities. Many of the same types of ideas can be interchanged between Platform, Trial, and RPG. But the main difference of Platform is that the goal is to make a run with zero respawns. The track should be built in such a way that makes that difficult to achieve, but also possible.

The goal of how the track is played (driving for least respawns) should influence the track design. So whereas you might make a Trial track where you can make it through a section one time out of every 100 tries, in Platform you need to make sure that if the player's skill is sufficient... he should be able to make it through that section every time.

At least that's my take on it. ;) I'm extremely curious to see what these new campaign tracks are like.

CalinStelistu says:
I can't wait for stunts....

Sqweegel says:
yeah, that will be totally awesome!!
I enjoyed playing Stunt in TMU so much

Stunts isn't coming in this update. This is Platform being added.
However, TGYoshi has coded Stunt mode himself.
Check out info about his server here:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/s/ft/1578
And if you want to build some tracks for it, I'm sure he would appreciate that.

No word on whether Nadeo will release an official stunt mode/title pack later on.

For now, the focus is on this new Platform pack. :)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

"Stunts isn't coming in this update. This is Platform being added."

Yeah i know, but since they add platform you can hope for a stunt mode in the future ;)
I was just looking forward to this
Learner Driver

Oh right. ;) Yes, we can hope.
Well for now we have TGYoshi's Stunt server. :d So at least we can start building some Stunt maps. :)
Site Leader
Page: 2 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem