Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Stadium - discussion 
TM² Stadium - discussion
Page: 2 of 10
Post Reply  0 Observer

Announcing both at the same time and all. Will definitely pull in the TMNF userbase who've long been wary of TM2. At this point, they've been playing a free game for years, so the least they can do is fess up 20£ for it, and they might even be tempted to try out the other environments.

Valley looks really pretty. I've always wanted some kind of highway stuff for TM. I remember not being impressed by Canyon before it was released because of the lack of blocks that really self-distinguished the environment, and that's definitely the case here as well, but at the last minute (I think during the alpha?) Nadeo added a ton of stuff, so if that's the case here I'll be happy.

Moped Racer

irondragons says:
At this point, they've been playing a free game for years, so the least they can do is fess up 20£ for it, and they might even be tempted to try out the other environments.

The main reason alot of people stick with TMNF got nothing to do with greed, which you seem to imply.
It's that most of us think Canyon is shit.
Personally I have 3 United accounts. And I also had a TM2 account. Which I gave away.

Now that they're releasing Stadium for TM2 it's getting interesting tho.
I just hope they dont f it up. Canyon made me lose faith.
Quad Bike Racer

winter says:
irondragons says:
At this point, they've been playing a free game for years, so the least they can do is fess up 20£ for it, and they might even be tempted to try out the other environments.

The main reason alot of people stick with TMNF got nothing to do with greed, which you seem to imply.

I'm not talking in terms of the other games, I'm just talking about Stadium strictly. You've been playing stadium for years, a free environment, maybe it's time to put a ring on it? heh
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

I suspect stadium will not be free, maybe it will be discounted or bundled with another enviro. I think they will do a free nations title though the same way they are planning SM Elite & royal to be free. Giving them a upto date free esport title. But without object import, custom scripts and all the other bonuses the paid version would have. Just speculating ....
Beetle Racer

Some news sites, like eurogamer.net, are saying that Stadium will "form the free-to-play component of the soon to be expanded TrackMania 2".
Site Leader

Mikey says:
I suspect stadium will not be free

I have no private information, but I suspect it will be free because the intention is surely about bringing players to maniaplanet... so lets see ;)
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired

TM2 is worth playing now! (l)
Moped Racer

When I look into my crystall ball, I see a lot of remakes and a lack of fresh ideas; but who believes a crystal ball...?

Anyway, two more envis, great! (y)
:d
Beetle Racer

oh, wow...very clever nadeo!!! Stadium for the masses. gogogogo :@

Learner Driver

MrA says:
Mikey says:
I suspect stadium will not be free

I have no private information, but I suspect it will be free because the intention is surely about bringing players to maniaplanet... so lets see ;)

I think it'd be great if it were free, but I think it's a bit redundant on Nadeo's part. They already have a dedicated following of Nations fans that'd be willing to buy this. It'd make more sense to make Canyon or Valley free, that way they'd pull in people for that free environment, and Stadium would just sell itself.

I could be wrong, though.

Edit : So apparently it's free. Whoops.
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 10 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem