Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed! 
Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed!
Page: 26 of 33
Post Reply  1 Observer

Don't make yourself some Patatas Bravas then, shit's hot as hell, I'm having some for dinner and my mouth's on fire xD
The Green Dude

Can almost impossibly be as hot as the sauce from my midnight spaghetti! my mouth's flaming. ^^
Moped Racer

Aaaaand back on topic from this post and down.
Does it djent?

Thank you guys for your answers. Very interesting.
;)
Beetle Racer

I selfishly updated my ManiaPlanet so that I could play in the Knockout.
=p Now I'm waiting for Unlimiter update again. :-w
Site Leader

about that eyebo

cant you "arc_" teach us how to update unlimiter, i bet its quite easy just need to change the version number in a file ?

got an idea if its possible... :d
maybe you arc_ if you read this cant you make a separate version.ini file that have the version that is simple to change or am i wrong is it very hard to update unlimiter. :$

what are you changeing really ?
Beetle Racer

My guess as semi-expert in coding (which means basically that I'm Studyin' It) is that it all boils down to changes in the editor AND the core game. If the updates were just textures, you wouldn't need to update unlimiter, but the core is being changed constantly because it's a beta, so it's in constant fixing process. This means that 1.- code that used to work might not work anymore and 2.- The Editor might receive fixes as well without us knowing it, making the process all the more complex.
Apart from that, I'm basically null at C++, so I can't say anything examining the code.
The Green Dude

arc_ made a version of unlimiter that will keep maniaplanet from being updated, so you could use it forever... but he made it for the previous version, which I no longer have. :'(

I'd happily reinstall the previous version if I had it. Then I could resume work on the project.
Site Leader

Well, I can remember that _arc asked me to open maniaplanet with a custom created exe to obtain an (api-)key and I had to see what version the maniaplanet exe had. I had to do this because _arc hadn't bought tm² yet, so no idea if that action is needed with every update, perhaps it is, does that make sense?
Learner Driver

I'd buy him tm2 if that would help speed things along! :cool:

This is a quote from arc_ about the 0.2.14 release of TM2Unlimiter.

"arc_" says:
I have created a different kind of update this time. TM2Unlimiter 0.2.14 still works on ManiaPlanet 2013/01/23 (i.e. *not* this new update), however, it also blocks updates for ManiaPlanet.exe. In other words, once you install 0.2.14 you'll be able to use it essentially forever: when Nadeo publishes an update, TM2Unlimiter will only let title updates through (e.g. new TrackMania blocks) but make sure the game itself is untouched.

There's no autoupdate this time, so please redownload from the first post.

And a personal request: while experimenting I updated my Titles.pak/.zip, but it turns out these don't work with the new ManiaPlanet update... Can someone who's still on the 2013/01/23 update upload these files? This will also be handy for other people who need to downgrade.

Unfortunately, I updated my ManiaPlanet before he made this update. So now I'm stuck with the new version and I can't use Unlimiter.

I got the titles.pak and titles.zip from the 2013/01/23 version from BushMonkey, who had not updated his ManiaPlanet yet, but that didn't work. He also sent me the ManiaPlanet.exe and that didn't help either. I think I either need more files, or just need an install of the 2013/01/23 version.... OR ideally it would be nice if arc_ would update Unlimiter again for the newest version.

However, if anyone has the 2013/01/23 version of ManiaPlanet and wants to zip up their entire "programdata\maniaplanet\packscache\" folder and their "program files\maniaplanet\" folders and send it to me, I would be very grateful. I know it would be several gigabytes.
Site Leader
Page: 26 of 33 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem