Canyon is dead.
Page: 9 of 10
Post Reply  0 Observer

i'm not a realy bm hater winter
i think its a nice feature
but the priority of bm is to high

but i dont want to discuss this again
we already had to many bm-discussions also on tmx ;)
Beetle Racer

FT»Lodec says:

but i dont want to discuss this again

then don't post
... says:
I'm more creative because I don't blockmix.

Now this is an excellent troll. (y)
It's an extremely tempting offer, and probably the reason that these threads persist.

(You idiots annoy me to death sometimes.)

<3
Quad Bike Racer

^ Some idiots annoy me to death sometimes...

... says:
I'm more creative because I don't blockmix.

So this is quite a bold statement and while I won't say it is true, there is a certain truth behind it from my experience.
To make an example, I will talk about my personal experience on TMNFx.

On TMNFx the amount of users using BM is very high, almost everyone uses BM in their scenery as well as for the route. As a result I see people resort to BM when they encounter a problem or challenge within their tracks. These challenges are often that there isn't enough space or that they need to create a transition somewhere to continue the track in a flowy manner. However, because of the BM possibilites lots of users use that to fix it as easily as possible. I on the other hand embrace those challenges and I try to fix those problems without BM. Whilst it takes longer, the results are often better, less generic and more creative than those BM'ed 'easy way out' solutions.

Am I saying that I am more creative because I don't blockmix? Yes and no. I am more creative as I need to work harder to solve my challenges, which in my eyes gives me better results than BM. But on the other hand I can be creative as well with BM.

My point against BM is that it takes away the limits on which creativity used to strive. I feel like there is a generation of builders that has skipped this limit, as they 'grew up' with BM, and as a result they became bland builders that show little imagination. This is why I prefer to see an absence of BM (for a while) on Valley tracks
Old Age Caravanner

^ some idiots are so damn right and smart there. 8-|

I completely agree with you joost, I mean, when you are in the editor, and try something random, with bm nothing is impossible. That idea which could work "only "if there wasn't that half of a block? No problem, BM. In my opinion, everyone can find something "new" with Bm because there is no limit, so no awesomness to find something innovative.

But, it's all a matter of opinion, and one can't expect to make the other agree so easily. I don't know how this came to be a debate, but it's not so useful to be honest.

So, fallout, it's not because someone doesn't agree with you that he is an idiot, or even a troll. You're the one being so there ;)
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

FT»Joyeux says:

So, fallout, it's not because someone doesn't agree with you that he is an idiot, or even a troll. You're the one being so there ;)

Agreeing with me is not clemency from idiocy;

and
fallout says:
FT»Joyeux says:

And, even when the standard editor is used to make something actually great, I say to myself "okay, nice, but with the standard editor everyone can do the same, there is no real building skill behind it."

being condescending is both idiotic and trolling.

@joost
... says:
People on tmnfxyz built shitty mixed maps

Well that's a tragedy.
... says:
My track is better because I didn't blockmix

Your track is better because you put effort into it.

The reason I said "you idiots annoy me to death," is that you don't seem to realize that you are already using unlimiter lite.

Have you ever noticed that you can place platform blocks over land?
Roads that can be used on land can also be over water?
You don't even need to use a special transition block, what heresy.
How dare Nadeo force this upon us, and destroy our creativity.

Quad Bike Racer

Expressing my opinion is my deepest right, I don't see why my post was condescending. I said what were my feelings about bm, I didn't say bm mappers sucked or any other statement like that. Am I an idiot because you disagree with me? Surely not, but you are one for being so close minded. It seems you can't discuss without attacking your "opponent", which is somewhat weird. Oh and if you want to criticize one of my post, make sure next time not to quote one of your post.
Moped Racer

This BM topic is as interesting as improductive. I remember when I started building to think "why the hell this can't be placed here if it isn't touching anything?". Then I discovered BM and building what I wanted to build was easiest. Oviously BM gives you more freedom to build, so you have more room and options for being creative. This means you can do more things, and also you can do it in a easy way. So for me BM powers your creativity. Imagine you have to paint something by using 2 diferent colors, and other guy is using 10 diferent colors. Who will have more room for let his creativity work? Answer is easy. But who will paint the best draw? This doesn't depends just in the number of options or creative tools... This is totally subjective. So you can't talk during years about if a BM map is better or worst than a no-BM map without getting an objective conclusion. But you can't say BM is damaging your creativity, because is obvious that BM is giving to you more creative options. The way you use your options is the key. But the more options the best.
I like BM and use it (when I eventually get a working version). But BM is not a MUST for me. I can build decent maps without it. Most of my maps don't use BM... But this is an totally improductive topic. Some people likes it... some people don't. That's it.
Quad Bike Racer

Again, I think some people are jumbling words here.

Building without BM is forcibly more intuitive.

Building with allows more possibilities.
Moped Racer

Cxom says:
Again, I think some people are jumbling words here.

Building without BM is forcibly more intuitive.

Building with allows more possibilities.

Really? Seems like the opposite to me. Blockmixing allows you to break down the arbitrary constraints placed upon you. Surely arbitrary barriers cannot be called intuitive? I'd argue they're quite the opposite.
Learner Driver

Poorly Taxidermied Fox says:
Really? Seems like the opposite to me. Blockmixing allows you to break down the arbitrary constraints placed upon you. Surely arbitrary barriers cannot be called intuitive? I'd argue they're quite the opposite.

Blockmixing allows physical mixing of blocks, which isn't really inuitive now is it? Sure it breaks down the arbitrary barriers, but most blocks have pretty realistic arbitrary barriers that match their physical appearance. Sure you can BM with the physical barriers in mind, but in that way you create your own arbitrary barriers...
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 9 of 10 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem