Canyon is dead.
Page: 10 of 10
Post Reply  0 Observer

My theory is that anti BM people in reality are masochists. They simply revel in the feeling of restrictions put upon them.
I suppose that is fair though. Whatever floats your boat.
Personally I like the freedom to do whatever I like in the editor.
Do I use it to "be creative" ? Not so much. Not at all really. I just use it to make transfers easier and flow better. To more easily calculate the perfect speed for any given obstacle.
My last few tracks I've built with no BM tho. I don't really need it to build.
But if you have the option to use it, why not. Whoever completely ruins a track with bad BM would probably also ruin the track without it.
Quad Bike Racer

Getting Back to the original topic. The servers do seem a bit underpopulated. Is this due to dilution caused by more environments and a stagnant # of players? Who has the numbers of active gamers across the XMania landscape? If someone has current and historical data to share I wish they would.

I think that the "United" concept of bringing all the past content together under one roof was genius. Maniaplanet was to be more of the same. But they got the cart before the horse they released a upgraded United like interface with great new bells and whistles but no content but Canyon to populate it. Now that there are more games/ environments things should be looking better. But things just look more dead than ever.

The incorporation of stadium was a good move and will help too bring in much needed money. But I think to bring in a new golden age for XMania Nadeo needs to look to the past and reincorporate all the older versions of the game where possible. The explosion of content will inspire new players and bring back in the older ones.

Questmania is still the big question mark. How will that change the XMania world? But for now iIsee alot of dead servers except on weekends.
Learner Driver

Thanks for the link. Interesting numbers.
Learner Driver

Nice to see you around Doctor! :d Nadeo is indeed working on solving this issue of having everyone spread across so many titles and title packs. It's of course an issue they also created. Only time will tell how they're able to improve things for those of us used to the "United" way.

But regardless of that, the topic title is and always has been, quite untrue. So I've changed it. And since the discussion isn't really going anywhere either, I'll close the topic here.

I suggest that our time be better spent playing and taking positive steps for the community, than starting topics such as this that only serve to demotivate or discourage others.
Site Leader
Page: 10 of 10 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem