Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  75 Builders Project - Collecting Parts: Round 2 
75 Builders Project - Collecting Parts: Round 2
Page: 21 of 75
Post Reply  0 Observer

Is there a reason for your "no" then?
I asked for the podium block, because I wanted to use it in a transition.

I thought we may need a podium block anyway, but even if not, the track can have 1 podium block. So could I build that one then (for my transition)?

-----------

One little other question: My template is on the border of the building area. In the rules you say we are not allowed to build anything on the platforms, except the tree overlay. I guess the reason is that we otherwise collide with another template if we build sth there? But on the side where my template is on the border of the building area, it won't be possible to collide with someone else. Wouldn't it be possible to replace the platform blocks on that border by all other blocks and not just by the tree overlay, as we can't collide there?
Last edited by Marius 89,
Moped Racer

the problem is that there can only be one podium in the whole track
but i f only you are using it it shouldnt be a problem i think ;)
Last edited by FT»Lodec,
Beetle Racer

ah ye I just see. It's not possible to validate the track when there are more than 1 podium in the track. Never tried this before. I will edit my other post right now. ;)
Moped Racer

I got my part now and I'm a little bit confused :)
What does
3,4,3 Invert Down Left
means? Do I need to finish on the upper level of the lower CP? And what does the left means? Should I build it to be a left curve?
Moped Racer

You got that out of the document presumably, and that is really just being used for my personal organization, meaning it probably won't make any sense (so just ignore it). As long as you build only inside the box, it should be clear that you start from the checkpoint pointing inward and end at the one pointing outward. How you connect them is up to you.

Yes, however, you do need to start and end on the upper levels of the CPs.
Cxom says:

As to Marius, yes, my issue was that only one can be placed. If you could maybe set it up well and show/send it to me I'll consider it, but I'm nevertheless tentative given the aforementioned restriction.

And as to mgafmuat, that idea, although doable, quite negates the idea of "flow" or continuity in a track. When you're going to be racing for a few hours on a track, you do not want to suddenly encounter a forced respawn. I am additionally not keen on having to use MT for any sort of wayfinding in the track; it should be natural and intuitive.
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer

I have these images laying around, so I figured I'd paste them here.

You should be connecting Point A to Point B:

Like This:

Moped Racer

I also asked myself; when seeing the picture, how does it look in the end when you connect 2 templates? Will there be 2 Checkpoints in a row?
Moped Racer

I don't think so since these CPs could be replaced by a normal platform block and then moved in between these templates.. or the other way round :d probably 2nd since people started their track with the cp inside the template :)
Quad Bike Racer

Ye, well I was thinking:
Wouldn't it make more sense when Checkpoint B would be 1 block later (outside of the 8x8 box). So this CP could be exactly the starting CP of the next 8x8 box. In overall this would mean, every template has one starting CP inside the 8x8 and the exit CP is outside the 8x8 box, but would be the starting CP and inside the following 8x8 box. So we wouldn't have holes between templates.
Moped Racer

There potentially could be, between some parts, 3 platform blocks, admittedly. However, there are reasons for this:

1) It serves as an area to modify speed between parts.
2) It is a place to put a sign with the next builders name.
3) Most importantly, it is for the sections between which a height/layer change occurs. I'll need at least 3 blocks' space.

Additionally, I will also be able to make it a tad more interesting. If the previous user transitions from interstate right into a checkpoint (to meet the rules), I may take that transition out and do something more interesting with the interstate. There will likely be one checkpoint still, however, between parts, for obvious reasons.
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer
Page: 21 of 75 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem