Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  2011-2013 ARCHIVE - MTC Theme suggestions 
2011-2013 ARCHIVE - MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 12 of 29
Locked  0 Observer

:s
Moped Racer

Maybe a stunt MTC to see who can make the best "Stunt" track (Skate park Style) ;)
Learner Driver

Sriver (TMS <3) says:
Let's say 80% offroad then. (And start a 6 page discussion in the MTC thread about how these 80% are counted.)

Btw, great idea, Jet. (y)

=p hahahahahahaha
Beetle Racer

I quote myself about this month's MTC with the "divisive" premade map:

... says:
As it is, this is one of those MTCs about whose track ends up sucking the least, like the retarded "five water bounces" theme back in TMNF, as opposed to the challenges that require an unusual track style but otherwise give you the freedom to be creative like the "flat track" and "4 blocks wide track" ones.

Ideally a MTC should encourage you to build a track style you haven't had a reason to make before, as opposed to imposing restrictions that only serve to make the track worse. This month's MTC uses a premade map with blocks that are as far apart from each other as physically possible, ensuring your track will run well over a minute even if you literally cut every corner.

The rule of thumb should be "will the resulting tracks get more awards because they employ creative restrictions, or less awards because they all suck?". It's like a painting contest where you are restricted to two hues of colour vs a painting contest on a 15 by 100 cm canvas.
Moped Racer

Theme: "Mess You Up"

The goal is to create a track that purposefully tries to mess you up. For example, a tunnel section which has a long 270 degree turn, followed by a tight 90 degree turn. Or maybe a part that has a sign pointing left, and when you turn left you jump into a canyon wall. I see many possibilities. The challenge would be to create a track that's actually good, while catching everyone off guard the first time they play it.
G-kart Racer

dreadmullet says:
Theme: "Mess You Up"

The goal is to create a track that purposefully tries to mess you up. For example, a tunnel section which has a long 270 degree turn, followed by a tight 90 degree turn. Or maybe a part that has a sign pointing left, and when you turn left you jump into a canyon wall. I see many possibilities. The challenge would be to create a track that's actually good, while catching everyone off guard the first time they play it.

Judge hell?
Beetle Racer

And the track has to be 5 minutes long.
G-kart Racer

metoxys says:

Judge hell?

dreadmullet says:

Yes :|
Beetle Racer

dreadmullet says:

Nah, in the end we would get less than 5 entries max and only 1 or 2 judges.

I suggest a theme where you should use all possible surfaces (offroad, RoadMain, GP, Arena, ArenaTunnel, RoadMainTunnel) with each surface being prominent in at least 3 blocks (not counting connection blocks) throughout the main road through the track.
The tracks that will come out will be creative since the authors are forced to use so many surfaces and they are forced to use them long enough that people notice.
Beetle Racer

Yes metoxys, very original idea, nothing like any theme we've ever done before ever =p
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 12 of 29 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem