Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  2011-2013 ARCHIVE - MTC Theme suggestions 
2011-2013 ARCHIVE - MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 18 of 29
Locked  0 Observer

disturbio says:
Alcator says:
disturbio says:
Now that we have only 1 environment a theme can be long jumps. Tracks with at least 2 jumps of 500 meters each one, for example.

How much is 500 meters in the editor? I haven't seen any official scale, and I'm too lazy to calculate it from speed and tiles.

It also can be measured by number of blocks. 1 block is 70 meters long aprox. :p

In the bottom right corner there's next to your speed also displayed how many meters you already drove. I guess you would just have to experiment a little bit in that case to figure out how big the distance in the editor has to be. :p
Moped Racer

Banjee says:
how about this:
:build: make a track where the car never stops sliding until the finish.
some rules:
:done: you have 5 seconds from the start line to have the slide begin.
:done: track must be a certain length?
:done: ....

Cool!
Learner Driver

hmm I don't know if it's already been said but:

transitions/jumps/drops

° the map has to exist of seperate parts on wich the car may drive maximum 5 seconds between these parts the car has to be in air, (all 4 wheels must be in air)
    ° the track's lenght: between 30s - 1m
    ° you can't repeat an transition within the next 8-10 seconds

dunno if its possible but it sounds fun for me :p

lolig
Moped Racer

I'd rather prefer to just use every Block not more than once. Except checkpoints! =p
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Wow, that is a good idea haenry! Sounds really fun. (y)
Beetle Racer

Place each 5 seconds a U-turn on a different surface :)
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

how about;
make a driving start till checkpoint, hit respawn and build a pf till the next checkpoint (max 10-15sec) where you need to steer again by respawning or make the route drivable from the checkpoint on.
drive another part for 10 sec till next checkpoint and make another 10 sec pf till the finish.
should be fun :)
THINK its not illegal yet

that is a really cool idea for a track, but the hunting would be so painful....
Beetle Racer

U can use only ONE surface between two CPs.
After the CP u must use an other surface
U can't use the same surface two times
U must use all surfaces
Learner Driver

Maybe this is just stupid, but let's see.

Reverse MTC
o Make the worst and most ugly, ridiculous, noobish and awful map you can afford to build.
o The map which scores least points wins !
Hooray for judging hell xD

I also thought about these:

Hidden target
o The theme of the MTC is kept secret. Only organizers and judges should know the theme.
o Mappers will try to guess what the theme actually is, despite having no clue about it. It's all about creativity, prediction and being diverse.
o After the deadline, the theme will be revealed and an additional score factor will be implemented (how close the track was according to the actual theme).
o To be fair, the theme should be easy. Entries will not be excluded, even if some completely missed or broke some theme-based rules.
o Multiple entries ?
This theme will therefore guarantee no disqualifications unless blockmixing is forbidden. It's quite luck-based, but i assume it could gain a lot of hype too 8-|

DISCO PARTY!!
o There must be at least 50 blocks which cast colored lights in the map.
o Bonus points for that funky feel =p

Btw: haenry's and zipperke's ideas are very cool. Just get rid of forced PFs and number of CPs :)
Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer
Page: 18 of 29 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem