awards
Page: 32 of 36
Post Reply  0 Observer

eyebo says:
A track that's bad for online doesn't mean it's a bad track.

Yup. A negative vote on a server means the user doesn't want to see the track on the server anymore, which could be for any number of reasons. Not only to we not want negative votes here on MX, but we don't want to remove any tracks because people don't think they're suitable for whatever reason.
Sports Saloon Racer

I think award-system is not very fair for most builders, and won't be fair because it's too "one-way."

Maybe a rating-system can exist at the same time for those less-awarded tracks.
More tracks will be seen, played, and get more downloads!
That's more fair to me.
Last edited by ceo_tw,
Learner Driver

Oh wow, page 32.. enormous. =p
..wasn't me

As long as I personally like the track and get some feedback I'm happy. When the replay section comes I'll respect each replay as much as each award and vice versa. Everybody can't test every track and usually they pick just tracks by their friends to test.
Beetle Racer

Seems like some users have a glass ball and can see what users will like or won't like...
Ratings works nice in almost all sharing sites wich is implemented. This is a fact. I'm talking about sites with lots of users...

Why don't do a poll about it?
Last edited by DeMeNs,
Quad Bike Racer

... have you read this thread? You really should.
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
... have you read this thread? You really should.

Of course.
Quad Bike Racer

Why can't we just remove awards and stick to comments. This will generate more feedback and less complaints about overrated tracks. Problem solved.
G-kart Racer

A rating system is good.
But it won't replace the award system.
Why?
Never change a running system.
If TM was a new game and mx a new site and we'd debate about it, it would be an open race whether we decide for awards or rating.
But neither TM nor mx are newcomers. (t)mx has grown to a big and successful site within the TM community. And it didn't have all the other features we have now. So, believe it or not, people obviously like it.

Awards are a significant part of this site. They've always been. It won't be changed.

Simply removing awards is the worst idea of all. It wouldn't lead to more feedback. It would lead to disorientation, frustration, less downloads, less activity, less authors and tracks, etc..

If you're s
..wasn't me

eie says:
Why can't we just remove awards and stick to comments. This will generate more feedback[...]

Do you seriously believe that? Think about it for a while.

Also, aren't 32 + 14 + dozens of pages at tmx enough already?
G-kart Racer
Page: 32 of 36 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem