awards
Page: 35 of 36
Post Reply  0 Observer

I just got a briljant idea and i hope forzyy consider this and don´t throw it in the garbage, becouse i really think it will work as good Feedback for everyone: here is the deal what i have seen. and that is why i think download should have something to do with the award system like the rating. (1 dl per user :@ MAX)
i have really think about this and i am proud of my new idea and got a good example to show you.

With no furthere due i present "name less" Haha =p

10 % is the limit i have seen, so if a track gets more than that it should get an star or something and to let people know
that this track is something extra that you must try.
maybe like this.

1 star = 11 %
2 stars = 15 %
3 stars = 20 %
4 stars = 30 %
5 stars = 40 % (100 dl 40 award)
6 stars = 50 % (3 dl 2 award) what is this mean ? guess what i am going to tell you, yep seriously,, this track can be fantastic or it can be underrated, what ever reason it has it will show the real level of the track in the end.
The more that try this track the more will give you a chance to get one more award or not
if just the dl increase and the award don´t, well it will go from 6 stars to no stars in no time, trust me.
but this system need a 1 hours to 24 hour wait quint before its get active to not rush all new tracks to 6 stars.

If you have more than 10 % award of the download your track is better than good. :p
If you have 10 % award of the download your track is a standard track.
If you have less than 10 % award of the download your track is not that good.

10 % = 1 per 10 download in case you didnt know

@ Falkers
Great (y) i also thought of something like this in my award but your idea is new and innovating
you just forgot one tiny little thing 8-| you need a comment in the award section if you like to write something of the track, sometimes i find some track that is so good that i can´t wait to tell the author about his lovely work and i am so excited to have found just that track. (well it only happend ones or twice at tmx) so maybe we need no comment in awards Just the picture idea Falker show us..

And your idea "Falkers" plus my idea "SPIDER" would work like a charm i really think so, wait
don´t be scared of those 2 new ideas, we need a changes in award system and it will do wonders....(l)

I know the sm award rating is nice but this is much much better, i hope you agree with me on this and make it happend. listen to "man in the mirror" with michael jackson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nh84lfvW0

btw: forzyy how many award and dl is it per day on mx canyon ?

i am almost sure you have about 1000 dl and 100 award given, am i right ? 8-|
Beetle Racer

There needn't be an argument against the accuracy of this kind of system it's too easily corrupt-able.

I can just log out and download the track many, many times, and kill the ratio of any track I want. Possible solution for this: keep track of only registered users' downloads. Then what about users who download tracks anonymously and then award? What's to stop people from posting externally hosted copies of their track in an effort to lessen downloads?

The system itself seems off the mark; I would rather see many downloads than not. It means that my created content reached that many more users.
Last edited by Bucky,
Sports Saloon Racer

SPIDER, always with the ideas. (brb)

Shouldn't we see it as a sign that this topic mostly died back in February?

I don't think most people have much concerns about the award system anymore. I haven't really seen people talking about it lately.

I think Forzyy changing BoTW to 1 track per author has had a lot to do with that.
Site Leader

Bucky says:
There needn't be an argument against the accuracy of this kind of system it's too easily corrupt-able.

noo
Bucky says:

I can just log out and download the track many, many times, and kill the ratio of any track I want.

noo

Bucky says:
Possible solution for this: keep track of only registered users' downloads. Then what about users who download tracks anonymously and then award?

yes and well its only one download that you miss wont do much in the long run..

Bucky says:

What's to stop people from posting externally hosted copies of their track in an effort to lessen downloads?

That was a bigger nut to crack but i doubt that it will make a big diffrent. becouse the truth shows in the end.

Bucky says:

The system itself seems off the mark; I would rather see many downloads than not. It means that my created content reached that many more users.

The download can be show (just to show you) for anonymous downloader but they would not counted in the system obviously becouse a unregistred user cant award a track.

eyebo says:
SPIDER, always with the ideas. (brb)

yeah
eyebo says:

Shouldn't we see it as a sign that this topic mostly died back in February?

Noo its not dead just in idle :cool:
eyebo says:

I don't think most people have much concerns about the award system anymore. I haven't really seen people talking about it lately.

but is that a reason to not try to make it better and find the underrated tracks. +o(

Imo this system would change that and really put the best tracks first.
eyebo says:

I think Forzyy changing BoTW to 1 track per author has had a lot to do with that.

hmm
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

SPIDER (15031) says:

but is that a reason to not try to make it better and find the underrated tracks. +o(

If that is all you want, Forzyy implemented a random track button for that exact purpose. :cool:
Beetle Racer

Spider, I think the problem is that you have too much faith in the general population. If there is an exploit, it will be found, and it will be exploited. We see this with the awards system on the nations forever exchange.

Sports Saloon Racer

Underrated tracks will only be found by people changing their behaviour and playing:

1. tracks by authors they do not know
2. tracks without any screenshot or no/very few awards
3. using the random track button

This is up to each individual to do though. Even if you changed the system, and even if it were fool-proof, you would still have a lot of people who restrict themselves to only trying maps by people they know. I'm guilty of this myself much of the time. I don't play many of the tracks in BoTW anymore, because I don't recognize a lot of the authors. It's not something I think about. I'm not intentionally ignoring them. I just tend to focus on tracks by authors I know, since I have limited time to play.

How to change people's behavior? You can't really. But well, maybe, just maybe, you can have some influence by starting with yourself. How? Maybe recommend awesome underrated tracks in the blogs (I think you've done that before). The forums also have some topics to recommend tracks by underrated authors.

The "project: play all tracks" was also going to be a way to find underrated maps and have a lot of fun at the same time. I'm a little inactive doing it, but I plan to pick it up again soon.

I'm not against change and progress. I like Forzyy's mockups of an improved UI for the site. But I really hope the award system stays as it is. It's simple and serves its purpose.

I know my opinion isn't the only valid one on the matter. But it was important to me to give my side of things and how I feel about the system after all these months have passed.
Site Leader

Changes in aggregate user behavior is something that I've been preaching for many months, and it's never happened.

Awards themselves are not perfect, but any solution would see the same issues in terms of popularity because users need to try a track to decide what they think about it.

The point is that the system is not worth changing because it's not worth the effort to make up an new system and come up with the same underlying issues. If you want a change, it must start with you.
Sports Saloon Racer

This is not a bad idea :'(

What about hide award,,!

120 award and 600 dl = awsome track 1 of 5 awarded, should be a 6 star track
60 award and 600 dl = okey 1 of 10 1 stars
30 award and 600 dl terrible no star 1 of 20

so you see the award don´t tell if a track is good or bad, the download and award does

anyway this system won´t make it worsh.

I think a star system wont be that hard to implement, its only a few lines of math
if 600 / 60 = 10 % then show star i i = x

what is the dl and awards on top 10 most awarded tracks ? can someone find out please ?

The other idea with feedback is not that good as i tought becouse it wont tell anything.

Feedback ?
The user know he need to work on the track "if he gets a 4 of 8 " he knows he need to work on the line in track to get a ? hmm:s Ehh:-w:cool: bigger award next time, haha=p
and if the scenery is low ratings, he also know that he put a tree in the wrong corner HAHA:d
and if his creative level is low,,^^ he really need to work on some changes in random order and just keep trying till he gets full score on creativity and so on, til he got 8 on all creteries:cool: now i see your point about give feedback
Beetle Racer

Even if you categorize ratings, feedback is very limited. a 4 out of 8 for scenery. Okay, I have some things to work on, but no one has told me what. Was there too little, too much, inconsistencies, etc ...

I also believe that the fundamental idea rating tracks by comparing downloads and awards it has. It's been proposed before (pardon me for not looking for the source), and lo, MX system was developed to have an award system.
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 35 of 36 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem