awards
Page: 31 of 36
Post Reply  0 Observer

LOL its only 6 sec online, anyway maybe that is impossible to do offline ofc =p
i maybe take my time and try it. 8-|

A vote program my brother help me with, just for fun ^^ here
Made in darkbasic..

1. Right Click on boxes 1 and type in rating and press enter.
2. Do number 1. on all boxes.
3. Left click on boxes 1-5 to try your rating and see the effect (1 click = 1 vote, unless the box have any rating...
4. The rating and number of votes is showing

no reset button sorry, but just restart program. ;)
and you can change the rating level anytime by a simple right click on box ;)
ps. you can use it as a calculator. :p
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

It must be an already a rule with those downloads, the unregistered people shall not have premission to download here tracks because they can't comment or award, for the people who registered and download track's its allowed of course else we won't have any awards in the site

:d
Learner Driver

Just because someone is not registered shouldn't mean that they aren't allowed to download. Commenting and awards are reserved for registered users, as they should be. Need I bring up servers again? They need to download tracks and are not registered, and probably never will be.
Sports Saloon Racer

i hate to re-open this thread but i spotted something last night that i had never seen.
after an online race it came up with the usual karma plugin asking for "amazing, great, good, undecided, bad, poor, waste". after voting it tells you how the tracks scored as a percentage. now thats all normal but in this case i spotted a big blue button on the end that said "press here to go to the track page in TMX" i realised that pretty much everything is set up at the server end to deliver raw data about how a track is received by the racing public. the only thing missing is the little bit of code at the TMX end to collate and display it.
Old Age Caravanner

I know it's not the point of your example, but we established that it doesn't help anyone to get feedback of 'waste' or 'poor'. In fact, the way tracks are rated on a server and the way tracks are viewed here are slightly different. Here's where it gets more relevant. On servers, track ratings are designed to help administrators find out which tracks are best left on the server. People on the server are usually there for a specific genre of track. So you have people judging a track's relevance to their desired or expected genre looking at how much they like the track in an online environment. This is different from offline testing. That's why I don't think a server rating system could successfully translate to this site.
Sports Saloon Racer

I've rated amazing fullspeed tracks with 0 just because some idiot added them to a tech server. :p I've also rated incredibly difficult maps with 0. They might be very well made, but bad for online because only 1 out of 20 people on the server even reached the finish before the timer ran out. I'd rate it 0 even if I was the only driver who finished. Online it all has to do with relevance to the server.

So yeah, track karma online doesn't translate well to MX because we represent online and offline... and a huge variety of track styles. Those numbers wouldn't be accurate in relation to the actual quality of the track. As Bucky said, it's a tool for server owners to manage their track lists.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

you make good points. its a pity to have all that data available though and not be able to display it somewhere.
personally i would be happy to have it on my track pages.
Old Age Caravanner

As good as the data may be, it's not relevant enough to the average MX user. I think the idea of having online and MX track stats linked is a good idea, but not unless the data shared belongs.
Sports Saloon Racer

Well I think it would be useful. You guys, eyebo and Bucky, say it's irrelevent since this is a site for both offline and online but what's the harm since the offline tracks for the most part won't be impacted by such a feature since they would rarely ever make it onto a server in the first place. Just wanted to make this point as I know such a feature would never be implemented for multiple reasons anyways.

Carry on :p
Space Cowboy

A track that's bad for online doesn't mean it's a bad track.
Site Leader
Page: 31 of 36 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem