awards
Page: 34 of 36
Post Reply  0 Observer

SPIDER says:
translated by google.

which is why I have so much difficulty understanding it :s

I the first bit means that users don't want to try random tracks because they don't want to waste time on tracks they don't like. The fact is, there will always be tracks they don't like. To think that they could try new and unknown tracks without sometimes coming across something they don't like is unreasonable. Rating system or not, new and unknown tracks will still be new and unknown, and have nothing attached to them that users can judge them by before downloading.
Sports Saloon Racer

holy shit is this STILL going!
Old Age Caravanner

No, it ended a month ago and you just bumped it. :p

But in the greater scheme of things, yeah... it always comes up every now and then.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

It's time again! :p

Just my suggestion, sry to bump and all that if it has been suggested b4 ;)

For several reasons i don't like the current "award" system, anyway i would very much welcome something similar shown in picture above.
Picture is a cut and paste from Crossfire Movie Section where i am logged in as registered user there.

• Creativity, Editing, Content and Quality changed to something TM2 suited.
  • Easy fast voting with drop down box»Select 1-10 and hit "Rate it!" button.
  • (104) votes as seen in picture is a link to a page showing who voted and what they voted.
  • Overall rating is what would count and not amount of "awards" :)
  • Below(not seen in pic) on site users can add comments.
G-kart Racer

No rating system should be bound to some certain track rating criterias imho (one of the reason why MTC results aren't always that good). I think SMX system would perfectly fit here too... (simple 5-stars rating)
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

scala says:
holy shit is this STILL going!
..wasn't me

md
Quad Bike Racer

There must be a glitch in the Matrix.
Beetle Racer

whelp
Moped Racer

Jet777 says:
whelp

Epic bump.

So far, I don't think ratings have worked well for SM MX. Maybe it's how it was implemented, maybe it's just how people are rating stuff. Maybe in the end it will work out. But for now... what it has done is made me appreciate the award system here on TM MX a lot more.

The award system is simple and it works. Or maybe I'm just used to it.
Site Leader
Page: 34 of 36 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem