Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC - October 2011 - First MX edition! [Results on page 23!] 
MTC - October 2011 - First MX edition! [Results on page 23!]
Page: 19 of 26
Post Reply  0 Observer

As so very often, eyebo, you are spot on in your reasoning.
I would like to clarify something about my previous post, though: I did nowhere state (at least not intentionally), that one should not make remarks reminding a judge that we're waiting. Because we are. I also do not claim that the judges should be allowed to take forever - and I do not disagree with a deadline, but am rather pleased with such a decision. (How strict it should be utilized is another discussion - one I have no particular interest in right now as I see no great relevance with it yet.)

What I did say - or mean, if you wish - was that making jokes on him, or outright insult him (theoretically - we haven't got that far here), is something he has not deserved yet -and especially not if the deadline has not been passed yet. I know that the comments made in this forum are minor considering the Internet of today, and that most of them are friends teasing each others. But I still think that he is not deserving of such at this moment.

Of course, we did not know about the dead-line before yesterday, and can therefore not be blamed for not knowing he still was "not late". I'd therefore suggest that the judging deadline would be revealed along with the judges the next time - to avoid rushed complaints and unneccessary picking on each other, since it would be clear what to expect from the start.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

If you require reasons why my judging takes a profound amount of time:

• There are 45 tracks to be judged, more than in any MTC that I partipated in/know of
  • I make extremely long and detailed comments. I had to make the space for my comments at least 3x the size it had been
  • It is very very difficult to give points for style. I don't want to give low points for style or other elements because the track is built in a more beginner trackmaker kind of way. Also it's pretty hard to balance the giving of points since I am constantly comparing the points given to the points given to other tracks. With 45 total tracks that gets hard.
  • It takes a lot of time, longer than you guys think, to thoroughly look at every aspect of a track while even having to judge and to comment on it. We are supposed to look at the "design" (very hard to judge), scenery, MT, fun factor and theme usage "also a bit harder since to judge". Now try it for yourself, download all the 45 tracks and give points and long comments for/on them.
  • Getting stuck on certain maps. Maybe it's because the map requires a HUGE amount of precision and the game prevents this precision with bugs and shitty handling issues. Now you might counter with the fact that my driving generally is awesome :d However, doing a SINGLE RUN with perfect driving takes ~5 times the time I make regular runs. Now we are in a dilemma. I came across maps that require extreme precision, I came across maps that took an extremely long number of attempts to finish or to advance, I came across maps that picked me up, squeezed me, and threw me into the pit of extreme rage(TM)

For those argumenting with "It has been six weeks since the publishing of the first track" I say
"Every time I click on a track after the submission topic got more than one post the tracks always get updated. Always. Better MT, cut fixes but tracks always seem to get updated. So I stick to the version that is there exactly at the releasing of the judging sheet."
For those argumenting with the amount of time after the judging and starting immediately:
"I have a busy real life, especially at this very moment. I have enough time frames to put for judging. Even though that contradicts the fact that I make very detailed judging that takes long. Just sometimes I get unexpected non-announced events during these time frames, effectively destroying them, and sometimes I want to spend these time frames doing something else. Don't worry, the next time frame is the weekend, which I have 90% completely free so I finish my judging there.
@Marius:
Damals war die Seite logischerweise weniger bekannt, also gab es weniger potentielle Teilnehmer, also gab es weniger eigentliche Teilnehmer, also get das Judgen auch sehr viel schneller.
@Ville:
Dah this will work.
@deja:
(y)
@broadsword:
(y)
@Jet:
You cannot simply walk into the deadline! I used my special powers of QWOP to go around it :cool:
Beetle Racer

everything above is just. your. problem. why all other people made judging in time? they have real life too. and why did you ever wanted to become a judge, if you knew you had a lot of other things to do (I suppose you knew it)? so your arguments failed.
Zimmer Racer

I think that he spent a lot of time on every map, giving detailed feedbacks..
that if i udnerstood well :)
Moped Racer

to the @ Marius: :d
there were much more entries in 2007 than in the last mtc´s of tmu ;)

ofc these 45 entries are sth different, but I remember June 2009; ok, the theme was Short tracks, but well, 139 entries. :d
I think back then it was allowed to send two maps for the MTC, therefore this high amount of entries.
Moped Racer

At least it will be really nice to get some long feedbacks, eh? :cool:
Thanks for your transparency metoxys.
Site Leader

Now I'm exceeding cunfused - can anyone explain me what's going to happen now? ^^
Learner Driver

Now I feel guilty for submitting a really difficult track for the November MTC. Sorry judges! :p
G-kart Racer

metoxys says:
If you require reasons why my judging takes a profound amount of time:

• There are 45 tracks to be judged, more than in any MTC that I partipated in/know of

Yeah, that's a lot and I understand. Took me several hours to finish them all too.

I specifically remember one MTC, in which there were over 100 under-15-second maps released. Of course it took the judges forever to complete, and because of this everyone was screaming at them in the forums. When they were finally released, the contestants were all angry with the judges for not posting comments.

1) Don't yell at judges to hurry up (that means you, space :| )
2) If you failed #1, then definitely don't complain if the results they give are a little rushed.
Moped Racer

I was a judge myself, and I somehow got everything in time.
Zimmer Racer
Page: 19 of 26 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem