Location: Home  Community Forums  General  We need to ask you all for donations 
We need to ask you all for donations
Page: 6 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

what was the feature he suggested btw? :p pm or so.
Zimmer Racer

It doesn't matter. Back on topic please. ;)
Deep fried

md says:
now that is lovely, but you still have to do something.

what about making hard restrictions for unregistered users only?
more registered users --> bigger community --> more people willing to donate.

Sounds fair to me.

And along with this I think a way to register servers would be good.
..wasn't me

more registered users -->... nothing.
Zimmer Racer

I can't get the point.
You don't want to create "oficial" premium acounts, but you're talking about some "special" stuff for donators. I think it's almost the same.
Just creating a premium acounts with an reasonable price you can ensure the future of TmX. But you prefer to trust in the kindness people and "live off begging".

TmX comunity is not so big. Maybe this can work this time. But in 6 month you will get the same situation.

This site is nice. But it don't seems to me a serious project if Devs are not thinking about basic economic concepts. I'm talking about survive, not about making a big bussiness and became rich. I love you spirit of mantain the free sharing site... But sometimes reality hits hard.

Maybe with ShootMania the comunity grows, and you can pay host with advertising. But there's lots of nice FPS around here... I think it will have the same poor sales as Canyon. (or less: Shootmania hasn't a popular game before) TM gamers are disapointed with TM2. Most TM gamers didn't even buy it. And you can hear TM2 gamers complaining about the game all the time.... Numbers don't lie. Most games get forgotten after a year or two... And there's other nice car games around here...

I've read some nice ideas in this thread...

Quad Bike Racer

I wanted the info i ask for erlier , but never mind i Just donated. when is my name thingie turn green. :p
and how much we have in the account. ?
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

Looks like the mods are over this game too. No one will even respond to my idea? Whatever, I don't even play this game much anymore. I just wanted to support the site as I've enjoyed it for many years and it would be a shame to see it disappear. I was prepared to make a considerable donation but this isn't encouraging. I'll check back tomorrow to see if there is a response positive or negative and make a decision at that time.

-Sandal/ s8ndm8n
Space Cowboy

SPIDER says:
I wanted the info i ask for erlier , but never mind i Just donated. when is my name thingie turn green. :p

Did you let PayPal redirect you back to the donate completed page at MX?

... says:
I had a couple of little competitions on tracks in the past where I offered to donate to TMX for each person that beat the author times on those tracks and I'm willing to do it again, but I thought that perhaps there are others that would be willing to do the same. Perhaps the Supreme Beings (the Moderators) can brainstorm a way into making this a bigger event (more sponsors/ users willing to do the same).

We can help promote the event. How about starting a thread in the Projections & Competitions forum and see if other users are willing to take part? (y)
Deep fried

Well I was trying to pass the buck to you guys but maybe I'll post something later...

[edit]Done. That was painful. [/edit]
Last edited by s8ndm8n,
Space Cowboy

I donated on monday but havent got my title yet. Ive let PayPal redirect back to the donate completed page at MX but appearantly it didnt work. Can somebody please check this out. :)
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 6 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem