Location: Home  Community Forums  General  We need to ask you all for donations 
We need to ask you all for donations
Page: 3 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

I will donate some money before the end of this month.

Because it's a lot of money you need to pay for half a year, I was wondering what kind of server solution you have. Isn't it possible to look for a cheaper solution or another provider for a same kind of solution?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm perhaps there are cheaper solutions, but I don't know how much cheaper you can get for something that generates as much traffic as the TMX sites. Also, migration will probably cause a big headache.
Sports Saloon Racer

It's nice to have a break from the usual advertising menageries on most websites, but considering this constant money position, I wouldn't mind a bit if it would keep mx up and running, especially considering that there is a fair amount of traffic through most of the site. I suspect it won't do much, but I'm not informed on the specifics.
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer

We've already used ads on TMX United, Nations Forever, and Nations ESWC... and they do help a little... but they don't come anywhere close to generating enough money to pay the bills.
Site Leader

Maybe you can create premium acounts with his premium stuff... (more MB to store tracks or bigger wallpapers for example)
Or create a chargue to users for use the site. Something like 1 euros for every slot of 10 tracks or 20 when users reach the "free use limit"...
This site has lots of users, you can survive with small paymens, and most users can aford to pay 2 euros/year or something similar.
Free sites are popular, I know...
But you can't survive asking for donations forever.
Most users don't even read the forum, or blogs.
Quad Bike Racer

The ability for a user to share their tracks is not something that should be limited by how much money they donate. The last thing we should be looking to do is put a cap on the creativity that uses T/MX as its outlet.

The freemium system is already something in effect on TMX; donating users get certain perks that other users do not have. Here on MX, there are more limitations. We would like to offer perks for donations, but as MrA said before, they just aren't developed yet.
Sports Saloon Racer

I don't (and will probably never use) paypal. Can I donate directly off my check card?

I usually don't donate to sites, since although I want to mandatory expenses come first, but since Maniaplanet is under threat of closure I think this qualifies as critical.

Also, I disabled my ad blocker for ManiaExchange - now that I have the new version of TACO I don't need to worry about forced redirect ads - according to Google my computer doesn't exist and thus can't be tracked for targeted advertising (and the inevitable storm of redirect ads they throw at me for not clicking banners).
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

donated 15€
THINK its not illegal yet

... says:
Maniaplanet is under threat of closure

what?!
Zimmer Racer

He meant Mania Exchange.
Deep fried
Page: 3 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem