Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 12 of 20
Locked  0 Observer

I've played it for a while and I think this is the 2nd best environment so far, after stadium, and it's actually not far behind stadium. Once you learn how to drive, it may make TMUF redundant because you can pretty much do everything, and the only thing stadium has over it is that its mechanics are known so it is easier to make advanced tracks for it.

I'm really not sure why everyone is complaining about the handling. I was on the smurf server and people kept whining that the game was "too hard" and the car was undriveable. Of course they never braked or freewheeled, all they did was rocket into the turn at full speed and mash the handbrake and qq when they spun out. Sigh.

To all other noobs: the harder you drift, the tighter your turn but the more speed you lose. You CAN do a shallow drift. You can also just release the accelerator. Try it!

wormi says:
But the most important: What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

Moped Racer

i love it, too. great physics once you get it.
the only thing that seems to be even more shitty than in canyon are the walls?
Learner Driver

only the platform signs are to bright
Last edited by FT»Lodec,
Beetle Racer

Has anyone, who uses the map editor and tried to do some MT work noticed crashing more often than at Canyon?

It drives me crazy right now. I love the cute landscape and wrestle my way through the new tiles, but it keeps crashing on me as soon as I do a little bit of MT stuff. Just hangs up... :(
Quad Bike Racer

after a day of thinking about it... I decided to shell out the £14

i am such a sucker.
Moped Racer

this didn't half get a hushed release did it? it didn't even reach the front page of steam. stadium had a much bigger release. i had to check MX just to find out it was out.
Moped Racer

It was on the front page of Steam for me.
Moped Racer

my bad. i've left my computer on for a few days and apparently forgot to refresh the main page of steam :$
Moped Racer

Throwing in my two cents, I like Valley more than Canyon. It almost feels like this pseudo-combination of everything I like about Coast and Rally, with little of what I dislike. The platform blocks are a plus too. :)
Learner Driver

first impressions: it's a solid environment.

however, I really can't see myself playing it for very long. I'm far too acclimatized to the trackmania paradigm, and this doesn't do anything to shake it up. This is obviously subjective though, since i've been playing trackmania almost 10 years now.

maybe i'll warm up to it, i dunno. i do like the offroading though
Moped Racer
Page: 12 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem