Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 13 of 20
Locked  0 Observer

The offroad is very hard, but also fun when it goes well. Ironically, I think that the hardest maps are made of offroad, and this may change what we know abut league maps.
Beetle Racer

I think Valley is pretty good. The environment itself is the most good looking out of all the environments in my opinion. Also, the birds and wind turbines add some life into your track, since everything isn't completely static.

I also like the various blocks you can use. There are a lot of possibilities you can do and there aren't many blocks that feel "useless". It looks like there will be many more blocks to come into Vally too (well I think anyways, because there are only 6 root categories to choose from so far.

The music is good too! My favorite is the one in the day time that sounds kind of 80s style.

The Valley car's handling is pretty tough, well, on sharp corners and dirt roads anyways. I was hoping it would be more arcade like. Oh well, I think it will get better with practice though. For instance, the first time I drove on dirt in the Valley environment, I thought "this sucks", but after some practice, I am beginning to understand how to do the dirt driving and enjoy it. I find that the Valley car is easier to control on roads than the Canyon car, maybe because the roads aren't as bumpy and the car doesn't have a ground magnet on the roof of it?

Neither Canyon, Valley, or Stadium crashed on me so far (crossing fingers), even on my laptop. Maybe because I don't use custom images, music, etc. I don't know, I'm not too sure why it would be crashing for you guys, but I bet Nadeo will come up with a fix, just inform them what's happening.

Also, I think the price is very reasonable for these games, especially Stadium. People pay $1 for a hat in uncharted 3, or $100 for a rare hat in Team Fortress 2, so why is paying $10 for Stadium unreasonable?
Learner Driver

wormi says:
The offroad is very hard, but also fun when it goes well.

It gets easier when you start to understand the physics of it though. I'm really starting to like it ;)
Old Age Caravanner

I really like the new environment. With a bit patience you understand the physics and the more you understand them, the more you like them. Best environment after stadium I think :)
Old Age Caravanner

Sky.' says:
Best environment after stadium I think :)

+1

The formula is getting old, but this is the best we can hope for to end the Trackmania era on a high note. Nadeo should just remove Canyon and offer only Valley, Canyon will only provide bad publicity at this point.
Moped Racer

Enai Siaion says:
Nadeo should just remove Canyon and offer only Valley, Canyon will only provide bad publicity at this point.

So that we who actually love canyon should be without it? uuuuuh no thanks.
I get that you absolutely hate canyon at this point, but please stop mention it whenever you can.
Does it djent?

The latest updates must've caused that, but it crashed for me again just now, after I tried saving my map with a really exciting intro with 13 recorded replays and all the bells and whistles of camera/dof/text. This time it was a Shootmania map, but this crash is precisely the same I just had with Valley, trying to overwrite the existing map. You choose to overwrite and [puff]...mania vanishes altogether.

I'm running Window 7 pro (64bit) on a 12 core hp Z600 with Nvidia Quadro 7300 and 16Gb Ram. Too good for the game?
What ever the reasons, I'm a bit bummed right now, of course.

...thus I rather not write any more now...probably shouldn't ever anyway, hehe. But there you have it, in case I'm not the only one with troubles. Evil troubles.
Quad Bike Racer

Agree with sky :)
Hope there will be a next environment after valley ^^
Last edited by Naichiku,
Quad Bike Racer

if Nadeo does another environment for TM2, it will have to be overtly different from every other environment for me to buy it.

Looking at the best of the week now, most of those Valley maps just have ideas snagged from past environments. Some from desert, some from island, some from canyon, most from stadium. I've seen it all before.
Moped Racer

there will be more envis
watch this

there are two pictures of a snowy landscape in it
Beetle Racer
Page: 13 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem