Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 15 of 20
Locked  0 Observer

broadsword says:
Enai Siaion says:
Can you do new things in Valley?

Hell yes!

Indeed. RPG maps will never be the same!

That is a karting racetrack tho.

EDIT: Woopz, sorry, second image hadn't loaded yet :$
Last edited by FT»Osaka,
The Green Dude

irondragons says:
I will respond to the above soon.

Is anyone else getting this weird error? I'm trying to record a ghost replay (or gps). When I do it, set the replay and all, the game is fine for about a minute until either I save it or try out the ghost replay. Usually it'll get to the end and I'll press like enter or whatever, and the game will crash to desktop.

It's kinda annoying since I basically can't put one on my map now. :(

FT»Lodec says:
I have the same error
Can be Damn annoying

But i dont know if anyone reported it yet

Is it by GanjaRider!
Fix coming...
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?p=176039#p176039
Last edited by ymce,
Old Age Caravanner
Valley grass  
Hi all,
just wanted to know: Am i the only one that drives in bumpercam-view (internal cam)? Because erm... the grass. I can't see anything! I had to change the advanced settings to get rid of this tchernobyl-monstergrass to be able to see anything while driving offroad.
Are the developers so small they think grass normally is that high? I mean, well, this is huge! Even on the other views it seems way out of normal height, hampers sight and if you put those items in it they can't bee seen at all. Actually nearly anything on the ground can't be seen.

Argh, in fact, forget it. Didn't want to talk down valley.
Just wanted to know if i am mental driving in bumpercam-view ;)
Learner Driver

Yop, the grass is huge :) but bumpercam is the only real issue for that, I think
Moped Racer

div says:
Are the developers so small they think grass normally is that high?

Well, they're French.

Moped Racer

lol
Moped Racer

div says:
Hi all,
just wanted to know: Am i the only one that drives in bumpercam-view (internal cam)?

I switch to cam 3 on dirt maps.

div says:
Because erm... the grass. I can't see anything! I had to change the advanced settings to get rid of this tchernobyl-monstergrass to be able to see anything while driving offroad.

Same. I originally played the game on lowest settings and enjoyed the clear view. Then I changed to a PC with better graphics and was really surprised at the height of this grass. It makes it nearly impossible to see turns coming up. So I turn off "3D Texture Decals" in the launcher settings and that disables the grass. I think I'll probably leave it off for videos too, as Valley just looks too unkempt with it on. Much of the grass is nearly as high as the car.

div says:
Even on the other views it seems way out of normal height, hampers sight and if you put those items in it they can't bee seen at all.

Totally agree. It even blocks my view when using Cam 1. Especially when going from grass parts to road parts.

div says:
Just wanted to know if i am mental driving in bumpercam-view ;)

You're not. Not only is it more immersive, but the sounds are better. You can actually hear the car shifting.

marti says:
Yop, the grass is huge :) but bumpercam is the only real issue for that, I think

Of course cam 3 is the worst, but it also affects cam 1.

One of the cool things about the grass is that it gets mowed down he more you drive on it. So I find myself driving as many lines as possible to try to mow as much grass down as I can... instead of actually trying to improve my time. lol
Site Leader

lol, thanks a lot for these fetching comments! i am feeling better now :)
Learner Driver

eyebo says:
One of the cool things about the grass is that it gets mowed down he more you drive on it. So I find myself driving as many lines as possible to try to mow as much grass down as I can... instead of actually trying to improve my time. lol

Haha, I do that too! Except I end up drawing patterns...

EDIT: I also end up switching to cam 3 occasionally for things like the narrow bridge piece across the river on...D06 (I think? Night time, island jumping one?)
Last edited by nervousWillow,
G-kart Racer

What would be more cool is if a mowed down route could be saved as part of the map when doing validation. That way you have quite a unique method of creating the driving path.. but I don't suppose it does that ^^
Surely Retired
Page: 15 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem