Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 14 of 20
Locked  0 Observer

nice to see that :)

@irondragons: The game is new, the mappers will need some time to figure everything out. I'm pretty sure valley tracks will become more and more unique the better we know the game ;)
Old Age Caravanner

Nadeo has said that the snowy landscape in the E3 2010 video is a ShootMania environment called Cryo.

However, they did say they'll do 3 TM2 enviros and the devs have recently said that Stadium was a bonus environment. So yes, a 3rd planned TM2 environment is coming.
Site Leader

Regarding the use of old ideas to build new tracks... we saw the same thing happen when Canyon came out. It took people some time to find their feet and get a feel for what track styles worked best in Canyon. I think the same will apply to Valley. But look at tracks from people like Neonova, nickrev, or teroor. I think they're my three favorite Valley authors so far. They're really embracing the diversity of the environment, and none of them are in BoTW.

I also really like this map "Good Ol Bayz by   toninus because it feels unlike any other Valley track I've driven yet. And it gives me a similar feeling as TMUF styled tracks.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

From what I can see, BOTW at the moment seems to be mostly populated with tracks investigating transitions between all the pieces with little regard to the playability of the track itself. Granted there are notable exceptions to this! This isn't too surprising since people are excited to see the possibilities with a whole new set of track pieces, and I imagine/hope that within the next couple of weeks that novelty will die down and superb tracks will start to filter to the top.

It's also partly as eyebo says: people are used to building for the older environments, but also driving in those environments. I still catch myself approaching some sweeping corner sequences in tracks thinking "This drift is going to feel AMAZING" and promptly going "Why am I trying to drift this, you moron Willow." :$

For me personally the heart of TM2:Valley is the forest / dirt trail pieces, and incorporating them with more traditional road pieces in an aesthetically pleasing and well flowing manner: that's the path I'll be mostly pursuing with my tracks at least, since it's what I enjoy the most about the game. :) Sadly it'll take a while I get there I expect, Rome wasn't built in a day etc...

I think I might start the "play every single map on MX" thing tomorrow, but with Valley tracks. I think there's a few too many to catch up/start on Canyon, but Valley is new enough to hopefully keep up with.
Last edited by nervousWillow,
G-kart Racer

Can you do new things in Valley?

Hell yes!

Moped Racer

I will respond to the above soon.

Is anyone else getting this weird error? I'm trying to record a ghost replay (or gps). When I do it, set the replay and all, the game is fine for about a minute until either I save it or try out the ghost replay. Usually it'll get to the end and I'll press like enter or whatever, and the game will crash to desktop.

It's kinda annoying since I basically can't put one on my map now. :(
Moped Racer

I have the same error
Can be Damn annoying

But i dont know if anyone reported it yet
Beetle Racer

irondragons says:

Is anyone else getting this weird error? I'm trying to record a ghost replay (or gps). When I do it, set the replay and all, the game is fine for about a minute until either I save it or try out the ghost replay. Usually it'll get to the end and I'll press like enter or whatever, and the game will crash to desktop.

Try saving directly in mediatracker. Worked for me.
· · · – – – · · ·

Enai Siaion says:
Can you do new things in Valley?

Hell yes!

Indeed. RPG maps will never be the same!
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

Tuta says:
irondragons says:

Try saving directly in mediatracker. Worked for me.

absolute lifesaver. thank you
Moped Racer
Page: 14 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem