Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 16 of 20
Locked  0 Observer

That would definitely be cool.
G-kart Racer

I use bumber cam too... And grass is as anoying as ugly XD. This is one of the things I don't like in the envi. Other one is that dark loops when you're using day mod. In some tracks you get lost in the middle of a loop because you can see a shit...
Despite of this, I think Valley is a nice envi.
Quad Bike Racer

Check irondragons newest map. He seems to have solved the darkness issue by using MT.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Gotta be honest, it's not an ideal solution. It took me loads of edits to get it right. Had to change the environment time (it was original uploaded on MX as a daytime map) to sunset, and then I had to add a load of lamps. THEN add the MT. And some people still weren't happy with it. Someone complained on PP MX that it blinded them.

I really wish Nadeo would add some kind of lamps that specifically light up those dark areas between the sandwich slalom block, and especially have them work during the day, because that's when they are most needed. I really don't think you should be expected to go to all that effort making sure they're not black, and then making sure you don't blind people in them.
Moped Racer

Yeah, agreed. They do seem too dark. :s
Site Leader

the thing that annoys me is, I wouldn't say they were essential but I think that the lower slalom handles far better than the upper slalom, especially for speeders. Maybe it's psychological, but whenever I drove the upper slalom it felt really floaty and hard to turn it, but when I used the lower slalom it felt fast, smooth and easy to maneuver on. so i really think something like that should be added, or else needlessly restricts the possibilities of the block. and I also think they should release a set where the poles on the lower section (especially the sloped parts) are removed. seems like such a waste, because there's great building potential, but you can't make proper sloped slaloms with those poles there.
Moped Racer

Hello guys,

I see a lot of complaining here, and I've seen some bugs here that are not reported on the official forums. :-w
It's easy to say "nadeo are idiot", "why don't they fix this", "why do they do that that way", (..well, they're french would say some (this insult/troll shows well you think we're not reading here).
And later, some of you come to the official forum where some of your bugs haven't been reported, and insult us even more because they're not fixed.
I sometimes read "this is a very old bug" and for me it's the first time I hear about it.

Note about the grass (page 15) : it is that tall and "ugly" because it's already damn heavy on performance. 1 week before release it was even bigger.
The equation is simple : the smaller the sprite, the closer they have to be or they feel lonely : so the more you need.... more decals means more memory usage, more fillrate, longer loading times, etc...
they already feel lonely and are quite big. Also the initial textures was made for 20cm grass, but filling the environment with 20cm sprites is a bit..."hard for your computer".

after reading page 16 then 15 ..I reached the "french" napoleonian joke...I simply don't want to read the pages before, and I just inform you with this post, that reporting things and ranting here is quite useless, we can't browse all community/teams/players forums AND fix the bugs or make the blocks you need.

I spend already too much time reading the official forum to hear about bugs and feedbacks.
And if you have positive comments, share them too, because only sharing the negative feedback, the rants, the insults is not very constructive (for the game and for the motivation of those working on it).

Please use the wishlist to share your needs to Hylis.

Fix

ps: I also want to thank the positive guys here that help us improve the game, that work very hard for the players.
Learner Driver

I'll give my wishlist to Hylis I guess, but I was kinda just throwing those complaints out there, didn't really expect it to impact the game.

As for the jokes about the french, we're just having a laugh. i don't think anyone on this forum has anything against french people in the least. i'm always welcome to jokes about the irish ;)

complaints are a sign of a healthy community, imo. they're just niggling minor problems people have that they believe will improve an aspect of the game, but overall they're content with the main experience. if they didn't like the game they wouldn't be complaining about minor stuff like grass, they'd be complaining about major problems. so i think you should take a bit of solace in that. and also remember, not all complaints are valid, people just like to complain for the sake of it.
Moped Racer

I don't say don't complain. (I wish you wouldn't ;p), I say don't complain here only or there is a lot of chances you won't be heard.
Learner Driver

Fix says:
after reading page 16 then 15 ..I reached the "french" napoleonian joke...I simply don't want to read the pages before, and I just inform you with this post, that reporting things and ranting here is quite useless

The Napoleon picture was a joke about the other guy trying (for some reason) to blame the size of the grass on you being French. I happen to think Valley is amazing.
:d
Moped Racer
Page: 16 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem