Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed! 
Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed!
Page: 14 of 33
Post Reply  1 Observer

I'm giving the remaining 2 participants until the end of the weekend, after which they might be replaced.

I have two builders who inquired about being part of the project and I had to turn them down because there was no extra slots.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

gonna get close to PMC, right? :s
Old Age Caravanner

Well, siem finished. So now we're just waiting on one builder, cuba.

And yeah, we're cutting it really close now. :) I don't know if stef will accept maps for the PMC this late or not. I'm hoping he will. If he doesn't, I may put off the release of the map(s) until next month after the January PMC.

But I know everyone is anxious to play it. So I will try my best to get everything done in time.
Site Leader

Pmc is not that important that we have to wait another month for release imo, hope cuba will hurry up though (y)
· · · – – – · · ·

Just a short update.

Adsun will be making the trailer. (y)

--

Tuta says:
Pmc is not that important that we have to wait another month for release imo

Perhaps.

One of the problems is this: If we release the full map before PMC, then we won't be able to have any of the parts used in the PMC, since PMC requires unplayed maps to be used.

Also, the PMC has been short on maps in recent months. That's one of the main reasons I really wanted this project to help them out. Also, it would be a fun way for around 100 people to become aware of the project at once. So it's also good publicity for the project. :)

I'll think seriously about it though, and see how things go in the coming days.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

coool, I like his style.
Zimmer Racer

All track parts received! :done:

Thanks everyone for being timely about finishing your parts! I know all too well that projects like these often drag on for months or even years in some cases. So I'm very pleased that everyone submitted their track parts relatively fast! (y)

I've done a preliminary test with the track parts.
I connected all parts in the order they are numbered, just to test.
Then I calculated shadows on "fast" (which took 15mins).
The map is about 55000c.
Then I did a test run. THIS IS ENDURANCE RACING AT ITS FINEST (l)
Something magical happens when you connect everything together.

It feels like racing in a futuristic world, where the mesh of high rise industrial buildings blocks the sunlight, except for those few moments in the day when you can catch it shining through narrow corridors between the buildings.

I can't wait to get this finished so the rest of you can start enjoying it.

With 5 or 6 respawns, I drove it in 52 minutes.
So that should give you some idea how long the final track will be.

I'll get back to work on it now. :build:

Oh, and as a reminder, the majority of votes went for "District 25". So that will be the name of the final map.

I've also changed the topic title and added a system of stages. The stages are listed in the first post in this topic, with descriptions of what each one is and the current progress.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

District 25 sounds good from how you described the map!
And 52 mins long? :o Longest track on MX for now!
Beetle Racer

Awesome! =p
Can't wait till I get the chance to hunt this track to the max!
Does it djent?

good to know
are you going to upload here with a particular account? cause could be the very first mx community track :)
    md
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 14 of 33 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem