Bored already...
Page: 4 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

hi wolf :) (hope u still remember me from tms :p and greeet destroyer from me :d )

u are totally right, this game is boring AND too easy ! the community is playing there ladderingmaps to get fast points (hello lol-maps :p ) its as stadium... :( its too much designed for casual gamers ;) but i want to waste time in games.. i wanna farm/nerd/improve as hell ... thats why games like diablo/dota or sc1 are still popular.. u could never master them! but for this game.. i feel like i mastered it in 1 day... nothing to be learned from that point (yes i could beat crazy top 1 times and made them even more crazy :p ) other then more abusing of starts/wallbangs... :(

its sad that the best game became this :( a brainless FS game :( if u want to play techmaps... well u still press fs the hole time (haha.... not -.- ) and people will whine, cause the track isnt fullspeed******** .. they will dislike the track, cause they try to brake/stop gas and be 3 sec behind u :d !
the blocks are too big, u cant even create decent/challenging techmaps which were in the original tmn/tmu way... the blocks are too huge for it, u always have to create a little 2-3 sec straight to create a normal transition ...! u can abuse a lot of blocks with wallbangs, cause of the truckgameplay... not a real challenge at all to crash right into walls... sounds as luck for me ^^ ... -.- if it isnt a troll-find-the-way-map or go in my speed to do the jjump i dont have probs to finish/master them ^^...

do it as me and a lot of other old TMU players... deinstall the game, dont support this crap :p
the only improvement of this game is the editor/graphix!
it lacks in gamemodes hard, no offlinemode, usw ^^...

gameplaywise its a fail for me :( i am a huge TM fanboy who is playing this game for 7-8 years now.. but this game is just making me sad now :(
Learner Driver

I think you suffer from TrackMania fatigue Dengel. You've played too long, are too used to the previous environments, modes, methods of driving, etc. You focus on only the good in TMF and only the bad in Canyon. But there are good and bad in both. Canyon is no less fun than Rally or Island, it's just fun in a different way. I think you judge it harshly and unfairly.

You complain about the size of blocks, but the blocks are the same as Island (64x64). And the car has a similar amount of power. Are you saying tech isn't possible in Island? I know you wouldn't say that... you've built a lot of Island tech maps. Maybe noslide is too easy in Canyon for you. Boohoo, the keyboard drivers might actually have a chance to beat you. What a shame.

If you don't enjoy Canyon, then go away. Go back to TMU. There's other people doing the same, so you'll have no shortage of people to play with.

Canyon is apparently not for everyone. Big surprise! Neither was Rally, or Coast, or Stadium, or Island. There's a niche in TM for everyone. If this isn't yours, there's no reason to rag on it like it's the biggest piece of crap you ever saw.

I recognize your right to express your opinion about the game, but I also wish you wouldn't do it in this way. It's a negative influence on the community and makes me sad to read it, because I've always respected you a lot as a great builder and driver. But not when you express yourself like this.

Constructive critique about things that could be changed in future environments is cool. It's why a lot of us participated heavily in the beta.

But saying stuff like, "do it as me and a lot of other old TMU players... deinstall the game, dont support this crap"... is just inflammatory. You get zero brownie points by saying such things.

--

About the topic itself, if the game is boring you already Wolf, then maybe you need to step up your creativity or branch out into something new. If you're bored, it's really just a lack of motivation to do something about it. There's plenty to stay busy with.

If you really can't get motivated to do something about it, then go play some other games for a while and come back. There's no reason you only have to play TM, or only Canyon.
Site Leader

Do like me. Go back to TMF ;)
Quad Bike Racer

No thanks. ^_^

Why not play both? Why choose?
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Dengel just got flamed.
Old Age Caravanner

Did he? :$
Site Leader

May I make a suggestion? Try diving into innovative uses of the mediatracker. You could create a track where you have to race while viewing your car from a single stationary camera, or from the interior of the car itself. Maybe look into creating a remake of Speed that doesn't suck, where you have to keep your speed up while driving through tough technical sections.

Maybe try remaking tracks from other games like F-Zero, Wipeout or Mario Kart (though I already have dibs on F-Zero), or build replicas of real tracks like Nurburgring or Suzuka.
Rise from the ashes!

Seeing as how Dengel rarely, if ever, used MT in his TMF tracks, I doubt that will sound appealing to him. ;) It's a good and inventive idea though. It's always interesting to see people do new things.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Anything novel will help combat this boredom, whether it be mediatracker or track style.
Sports Saloon Racer

Obviously they haven't tried Mania Lotto yet- I dream of it all day and just can't wait to start the game and get my 3 free clicks. The suspense is so gripping that I've hired a cornerman to help calm my nerves and a personal trainer to improve my cardio- it's made a huge difference already, I've gone from 10pts/ click to 20 on 1/3 tries. I think with a few more months of training I'll be making huge strides. Tomorow I start yoga and in four months I plan a trip to Tibet to seek out the wisdom of the Monks. I think with diligence that I can one day be a top contender =p
Space Cowboy
Page: 4 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem