Bored already...
Page: 8 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

eyebo says:
Didn't you hear dejavu? Hylis said on the developers blog that new blocks for Canyon are coming. That wasn't a theoretical statement, that was a definite statement of news. Clearly they haven't "forgotten" about Canyon. I have to believe Canyon will benefit in some way to the bug fixes and updates that happen even in ShootMania since the systems are so connected. Plus ManiaPlanet 2.0 is coming, and Canyon will benefit from all the improvements that Valley will receive as its being beta tested, etc.

Can you link me the part where nadeo says that they're going to update the game with more blocks?
Moped Racer

And most importantly, WHEN? :s
Moped Racer

http://blog.maniaplanet.com/?p=153

Posted Oct 15, 2011.

Hylis says:
We are also working on some new blocs for Canyon. We could have improved the current collection here or there, but we have chosed to focus on one set of blocs in an already existing theme. So, it will be less interesting for combinations but should bring something to the feelings divertity of the environment.

I don't know when Enai. :s
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

If eyebo doesn't know, then surely that information has not been released to the community yet ;)
I guess they do have every right to keep that under wraps ...
Sports Saloon Racer

Wider set of 'not-so-tight-anymore' roads? Less repetitive arena blocks? More and better GP roads?

Err they should all be improved.
Segmentation fault

TGYoshi says:
...More and better GP roads...

I would love an X block in GP. (l)
Beetle Racer

eyebo,19nov2011 says:
Didn't you hear dejavu? Hylis said on the developers blog that new blocks for Canyon are coming. That wasn't a theoretical statement, that was a definite statement of news. Clearly they haven't "forgotten" about Canyon. I have to believe Canyon will benefit in some way to the bug fixes and updates that happen even in ShootMania since the systems are so connected. Plus ManiaPlanet 2.0 is coming, and Canyon will benefit from all the improvements that Valley will receive as its being beta tested, etc.

<...>

Read through some of the posts Hylis has made on the forums and it becomes quite clear they're very interested and invested in the success of Canyon, but maybe more importantly... in the success of ManiaPlanet. Only when more environments get released will the game begin to be fleshed out and show some true diversity for a variety of players.

Just hang in there guys. (y)

I'm VERY sorry for this epic bump... but sadly, eyebo was (imho) wrong almost a year ago ^^ new blocks, which came a few weeks ago, aren't really usable in a normal track again (two-way tunnel blocks? seriously, who asked for them?!) , and the only another things added with MP2.0 are bugs, and some more bugs, and again bugs...

and more sadly, tgyoshi was wrong too...

TGYoshi says:
Wider set of 'not-so-tight-anymore' roads? Less repetitive arena blocks? More and better GP roads?

Err they should all be improved.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Epic bump indeed.

I will still contend that the game is what you make of it. You don't need different building blocks to build something different.
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
Epic bump indeed.

I will still contend that the game is what you make of it. You don't need different building blocks to build something different.

But canyon could be a lot better with them.

The tunnel blocks aren't used that often. The double tunnel blocks are even less usable imo..
I don't know why they decided to add THOSE blocks instead of GP extension, which is much more wanted...
Segmentation fault

Depends on the kind of builder you are. Allied was really excited about the new blocks. They provide a lot of interesting ideas, but not for the traditional track styles many of us are used to building. I too would welcome some more GP blocks.

I will say that I was surprised that more bug fixes weren't made in Canyon before we saw this next version of it in MP2.0 beta. I was also surprised that there was some pretty obvious bugs with joining the new blocks in normal ways. I think those have been fixed now, but it was strange that they existed at all before being shown to the public.

We do have the opportunity to report any bugs with Canyon, and during this beta of MP2.0 they're actually working to fix some in Canyon, alongside their work on Storm. Some of the same bugs effect both titles anyway.
Site Leader
Page: 8 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem