Bored already...
Page: 6 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

Mh, better if i spam here, instead of on the other thread.

Btw, Irondragons, i partially agree with you.. but let's see this from another point of view:
We already suck all the availbe nectar from tmnf/tmuf.. (at least me), and after 3-.4 years, i was feeling totally bored of the game.
TM2 has come, rising again my enthusiasm to play tm... Now, i play canyon, but tbh, i can't say that i totally love it, because it miss a bit the arcade factor of tmnf/tmuf.
So, i try to force me to find new things here, and enjoy as much as possible this new game...
Moped Racer

irondragons: I think it's because this game has no real variety. There are a million different stadium tracks you could build, but TM2 just lets you choose from the premade blocks Nadeo created. No viable walls/loops, no variation in GP blocks, no viable platform transitions, too many highly situational narrow roads -> this game is just repetitive drift over and over.

And I don't think Nadeo cares - in 3 months valley will be released, so instead of one game you can play for years, you are now supposed to keep spending money on the next mania title every few months. Valley will of course have the same problem because it still looks realistic so there are still no freeform blocks.

All good things eventually come to an end I guess. Maybe Shootmania is good, I won't buy valley though.
Moped Racer

Sorry, Enai, but I think that you could say the same thing about Stadium.

Grated, transitions were more numerous, but take a look at the popular fullspeeders. Platform-intensive affairs with wholly predictable wallrides and loops. The more creative transitions in such tracks are much rarer.
Sports Saloon Racer

except for some geex stuff I haven't played in about a month

I reinstalled tmu, and I'll probably be playing that until valley/sm
Quad Bike Racer

I just posted this in a topic that has a similar direction on TMNFX:

Bucky says:
The nations community is larger than the united community. I find it interesting that there's been no such discussion on TMUX. In fact, their TM2 thread is 87 pages long, with only 3 of the posts coming later than August. They don't seem to be complaining about it over there.

TMNF is free, and therefore will have a decent sized community until Stadium II is released, if ever. It seems the expectations you had collectively proportionately matched the increase in price. There's no blame to be thrown for that kind of opinion. After all, it is an opinion. Still, I think the game is mostly being reviewed out of context. Remember that this 1 single part of a larger game that will incorporate several different genres. Canyon was not meant to be a standalone game, but a pillar in the larger ManiaPlanet. The delayed release of the ensuing iterations hinders this mentality. Also, Stadium, was a single environment that became the entirety of the game for many. It is easy to see how one can expect similar immersion from another single environment. Again, I don't blame anyone for that.

I'm not asking any of you to change your minds about anything. Just consider the fact that Canyon is part of a larger whole. Perhaps, in the midst of an extensive, multi-genre campaign, you won't get bored driving a minute or so of Canyon :)
Sports Saloon Racer

^ Agreed completely. There's a lot of pressure on Canyon to hold up to environments that have entertained some of us (me included) for 7+ years! It's a tall order and I have in no way given up on tm2 at this point.
Moped Racer

TM2 Canyon is my first TM game, and i think it's a really fun and challenging game. But the servers seem more or less empty the last few days. Hope it picks up.
Learner Driver

sry for my late reply :p

dont worry eyebo, i just said how i feel the game is ... in my way (yes i am a flamer , u just dont know me long enough , when i get angry/annoyed about sth... i am always like that :p .. but well i changed to good, cause i flame way less then back then :d ) may be cause i am old enough to know that my thoughts arent the masterthoughts and u all have to follow them...
i am not angry about u nor your defend of canyon :) its ok and i will still cheer u up if i meet you xD

but for once i have to defend myself: no i am not angry kb players can beat me, i am angry gamedesigners still develop racers for not analog.. its like playing egoshooters with a pad (yes halo is pretty popular too, and people like it.. but thats just not my style :p )
the ID post is rly good too !

i even played the demo of desert offline for a year! but this game... deinstallpowa :d
Last edited by Dengel,
Learner Driver

(l) Thanks for your post dengy. I was worried I got a little too defensive. I do respect your opinion. I guess I just have so much fun in Canyon and I want everyone to feel like I do. But I know that can't be the case. We all see things differently and have a different experience.

I'm actually playing a bit more TMUF these days, so maybe I'll see you around. (y)

I agree, ID had a really nice post here. A nice kick in the pants to those of us who are a little too defensive of a game we just started playing.
Site Leader

TM Unlimiter makes a huge difference. I'd already have uninstalled without it.
Moped Racer
Page: 6 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem