Bored already...
Page: 7 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

Enai Siaion says:
irondragons: I think it's because this game has no real variety. There are a million different stadium tracks you could build, but TM2 just lets you choose from the premade blocks Nadeo created. No viable walls/loops, no variation in GP blocks, no viable platform transitions, too many highly situational narrow roads -> this game is just repetitive drift over and over.

And I don't think Nadeo cares - in 3 months valley will be released, so instead of one game you can play for years, you are now supposed to keep spending money on the next mania title every few months. Valley will of course have the same problem because it still looks realistic so there are still no freeform blocks.

All good things eventually come to an end I guess. Maybe Shootmania is good, I won't buy valley though.

For once I kind of agree with you!
· · · – – – · · ·

I for sure have to agree with ID and Dengy and a few of the other guys who feel this game doesn't really have much to offer.

And I can only blame it on the limited number of block configurations that are possible here. I am already finding it hard to get around somethings which don't look repetitive. And then the narrow road blocks are no good at high speed. The GP sections are limited in variety and the blue ending pieces can't even be configured in too many different ways. The platform blocks are all the same and the loop and wallrides suck so bad that I fear using them at all.

Nadeo didn't really go down too deep in the thinking department. They kind of came out with a game that was high on graphics and gimmicks but the heart of the game, The Blocks, were never paid attention to. It seems that was only a secondary motive in this edition of minting money, which was more about mergers with Ubi and business decisions, than the game itself.
Old Age Caravanner

They also promised stuff like a 'script' (custom) gamemode, moveable/custom blocks, blabla. Actually, I can baaaarely find any new feature. We have even lost some features like Stunt and Puzzle mode. Those caused some more variation.

Stuff like the UI and graphics certainly improved, except for the trees. Even the trees in rally look much better. Except for the fact that the textures aren't very HD.
And don't forget 3D copy-paste, with is also very cool and useful.

I know, the game TM2 isn't finished yet, but still, it doesn't offer me enough fun. And as stated above, the blocks aren't very great too. I've made a few tracks, but only one of them is finally released, with is the one released on my veeeery first Canyon day. The other ones didn't feel original and good enough, while I can't think of better things.

I just hope the 'script' gamemode will work like I want it to work, since that will kick servers in a whole new world of coolness. And I hope it'll come soon.
Segmentation fault

nàà, nadeo now is focused on shootmania. He already forgot about Canyon and his clients.
Moped Racer

Didn't you hear dejavu? Hylis said on the developers blog that new blocks for Canyon are coming. That wasn't a theoretical statement, that was a definite statement of news. Clearly they haven't "forgotten" about Canyon. I have to believe Canyon will benefit in some way to the bug fixes and updates that happen even in ShootMania since the systems are so connected. Plus ManiaPlanet 2.0 is coming, and Canyon will benefit from all the improvements that Valley will receive as its being beta tested, etc.

I think you'd be seriously in denial to say there's not problems with Canyon. The more we play it, the more things pop out at us. But you could be equally ignorant to think Nadeo doesn't care or that they won't do everything in their power to improve the game over the release of the next 8 titles/environments. They're only human though, and they've taken on a lot for a small team. I have no doubt they'll achieve their goals. Some people may get annoyed or even bored along the way, but those of us left will look back in 4 or 5 years and think of the amazing adventure we got to share with Nadeo, among one of the most community oriented developers on the planet.

Read through some of the posts Hylis has made on the forums and it becomes quite clear they're very interested and invested in the success of Canyon, but maybe more importantly... in the success of ManiaPlanet. Only when more environments get released will the game begin to be fleshed out and show some true diversity for a variety of players.

Just hang in there guys. (y)
Site Leader

That'great news eybo :) let's hope for some good stuff then (y)
· · · – – – · · ·

My impression is that Nadeo wanted to focus more on driving and make it fitting for esl and also to eliminate any advantage for analog inputs as far as possible.
The game is good fun imo, its easy to learn and easy to make good tracks.
With the physics in canyon I enjoy almost all kinds of styles, be it tech, speedtech or fullspeed.
But I also have to say it becomes kinda repeative pretty soon and as builder I also miss something special.
I have the feeling in former tm games it was harder to build good and fun tracks but that was also the kick I needed to be motivated and create something where I and others could get a kick from it.
In canyon I find it easy to build good tracks but hard to build something special. ^^
..wasn't me

I agree with you on it being harder to build something special. :p

Hopefully the next environments will be better in that regard.
Site Leader

SkunkY says:
My impression is that Nadeo wanted to focus more on driving and make it fitting for esl and also to eliminate any advantage for analog inputs as far as possible.
The game is good fun imo, its easy to learn and easy to make good tracks.
With the physics in canyon I enjoy almost all kinds of styles, be it tech, speedtech or fullspeed.
But I also have to say it becomes kinda repeative pretty soon and as builder I also miss something special.
I have the feeling in former tm games it was harder to build good and fun tracks but that was also the kick I needed to be motivated and create something where I and others could get a kick from it.
In canyon I find it easy to build good tracks but hard to build something special. ^^

Huge +1 on everything!

Tbh, esl and such tournaments are not possible... Nadeo made the phyxix too massive, there are too many aspects that affect the gameplay. So, it's really really hard to be regular and stable (=as ESL requires).
It's a fun game, but not at all for esports. Is no more such arcade as it was TM1..

Im not bored of the game, but i really miss a lot of things that would make it really good. And im not asking for the moon, but for some minor improvements...
Moped Racer

SkunkY says:

+1. This is good for drivers but very bad for builders.
Moped Racer
Page: 7 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem