Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2012 - Stage 5 [Results on page 9!] 
BASCO 2012 - Stage 5 [Results on page 9!]
Page: 5 of 12
Post Reply  0 Observer

SPIDER (750) says:
Marius 89 says:
to prevent cutting with MT is not good, cause the cut is still there; you only have to drive blind, but maybe this is possible for some people having 2 computers.
:p

Then i blackout he rest of the track and the player must drive the entire track blind. 8-|

Ok I try to explain: (I made this with a friend on a snow map)
You have 2 PCs. You go online. On the one PC you drive; on the other you spec yourself.
If for you as driver the screen gets black while cutting, that doesn't has to be also for the spectator.
I don't remember exactly; in replay mode it's also black for the spec, but in follow-mode not.
And if both doesn't help you need someone taking the freecam and following your car. :p

Anyway the fact: still possible to cut.
Moped Racer

Aww, BASCO S5 already going. Too bad this was during UL9 & TFET1, I haven't got time to try to make a part ^^
Beetle Racer

I dont have time to fix the cuts! not if we still have to submit by sunday 23:00 cet!
Could we just get the official part to continue from? :-w

EDIT: know what just forget it, Im not gonna stay up all night before a workday fixing something I didnt even do wrong! ill be back for the final section, maybe, but let me tell you this: eyebo talks about good feelings, well this is one track which does NOT make me feel good! you cant make a whole mess of things and then order US around to fix it all without any consideration whatsoever, not in coppers, not in deadline, not in nothing, You made a mistake - YOU fix it! whats fair is fair..
Last edited by SHK,
Learner Driver

It's like two or three blocks to place, and screenshots have been provided in this topic. Marius' solution is especially easy without affecting much of how the track looks already.

Literally it's like 10 seconds to fix it and move on to working on your stage 5 part. I really don't see the big deal.

We all wish these cuts hadn't crept up on us. But they have. We have to address it and move on.

It's better for the participants to fix it than the judges or host. You guys are the ones building this track, not us. And who would fix the cuts if you tried to get the original authors to do it? The cuts are between different author's parts. So whose job would it be to fix the cut? It's possible to fix the cut at various points along the track, not all of which are in the same author's part.

It's better for stage 5 participants to ensure there are no cuts up through their part (as long as you don't affect the driving route of previous sections of course). You're all building this thing together! :d

I certainly understand the time constraints though.

Hopefully stage 6 will go a bit smoother.

Disclaimer: I'm commenting here as a concerned player... not as any kind of authority in this BASCO.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Yeah well... thanks eyebo for the reply, after all S4 was my 1st participation here, so maybe I dont know how this works yet... dunno... anyway c ya on S6, guess someone else will have to come last this time :p
Learner Driver

eyebo (741) says:
It's like two or three blocks to place, and screenshots have been provided in this topic. Marius' solution is especially easy without affecting much of how the track looks already.

Literally it's like 10 seconds to fix it and move on to working on your stage 5 part. I really don't see the big deal.

Took me over 2 hours to find a suitable way of blocking the cuts and still let the map look nice (only changing the scenery and not the respawn route).
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

I didnt really care if it looked good or bad, if it works it works. Though I do wish i tried marius' way but i already submitted D:
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

kamakaze»LT says:
I didnt really care if it looked good or bad, if it works it works. Though I do wish i tried marius' way but i already submitted D:

You can upload a new version if you wish; I'll delete the older version then ;)
MTC underway!

KekX says:
You can upload a new version if you wish; I'll delete the older version then ;)

Yes please that would be awesome, but i cant delete or update the track so maybe if you delete it first then ill re upload it? Thanks.
Moped Racer

Done :done: You can upload your new track now :)
MTC underway!
Page: 5 of 12 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem