Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2012 - Stage 5 [Results on page 9!] 
BASCO 2012 - Stage 5 [Results on page 9!]
Page: 1 of 12
Post Reply  0 Observer
BASCO 2012 - Stage 5 [Results on page 9!]  
Stage 4 is over - so it's time for Stage 5!

You want to participate? Here's your to-do-list:

Make sure you have read the main rules first. The following list is basically just copied from there.

IMPORTANT FOR STAGE 5: There are two cuts in the track (read this page and look at the screenshots and you'll know). Please fix them before you upload your track for Stage 5 without changing the driving portion of another author's stage!

1. Download the latest version of 'the track so far'. You can get it here.
2. Delete the finish piece (and if necessary, 1 piece of road that only existed to make laying the finish possible).
3. But do not delete or change any other part of the track layout. Please notice that you are not allowed to move the track!
4. You can modify landscape if necessary, but you must not change the driving experience of a previous stage.
5. Build your idea for the next stage of the track, adding about 10 seconds to the validation time.
Please put at least one respawnable CP into your part. Every CP you set up must be respawnable.
6. The coppers limit per stage is +1000 to the old value. If the map has a value of x coppers, the track can have x+1000 coppers after you have added your part. Do not use more than 1000 for your part. This includes scenery!
7. Do not add intro or outro MT to the track because there will be a MediaTracker competition when the building stages are over.
8. Validate and save your track with your name on the end: S5-YourMXLogin (S4 = "Stage 5"). Don't use a password for your track.
9. Upload the track to MX using the BASCO 2012 account. The password is basco2012.
10. Only one submission per stage per MX user!

Deadline:

Sunday 13th May: 23:00 CET
Last edited by KekX,
MTC underway!

Please note that the time limit has been extended because the results of Stage 4 were delayed. It's now Sunday 23:00 CET instead of 20:00.
MTC underway!

KekX says:
Please note that the time limit has been extended because the results of Stage 4 were delayed. It's now Sunday 23:00 CET instead of 20:00.

Where is t(mx) located. ? usa :$

are you going after the forum clock. ? time now: 12:42 AM

Edit: OMG i found a big cut. hope we can fix that. :$
First time i didn´t search for cuts, and see what happens. see my replay on the track.

add rule: fix cut, right. ? :s
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

Nice catch SPIDER. (y)

I didn't spot that one. :$

You save about 2 seconds with the cut. It's an easy fix though. If the mountain is removed and some scenery is used along the left edge, either platforms or some rocks.. it'll slow down/stop the driver.

An example:

Isn't each stage allowed to change scenery? So s5 builders can easily fix the cut from s4.

We await KekX's final word though.
Site Leader

Oww, blame me for the cut :$
But eyebo is right, a fix is very easy. You don't even need to delete the mountain (it looks too good in tmjs part). You can just place the wall at a different position before the mountain.

Like I did it here. watch out, I deleted the blocks above, to see the wall ;)

At least the cut gives an additional challenge =p
gado is a

I found a way to remove the cut with minimalistic change in the scenery. (I think :p)

Overview

closeup

It's still possible to drive that route, but it isnt faster.
Does it djent?

Nice solutions. :) I like Haenry's best I guess... cause it doesn't require moving the mountain. I'm not sure how big of a role that mountain's position played in the look of the other sections as we were judging them.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

thx :d

btw: use block 411 (not 412) in haenrys idea, so the pillar stays
and its still his track becouse he fix it without any big damage. ^^ :d imo...
Beetle Racer

Lol, so you guys haven't found the best way to cut it yet? The fastest way is to turn around at the third CP and jump down from the concrete into the goal and with this you finish it in ~36 sec and none for your solutions stops that...
Learner Driver

Gosaft says:
Lol, so you guys haven't found the best way to cut it yet? The fastest way is to turn around at the third CP and jump down from the concrete into the goal and with this you finish it in ~36 sec and none for your solutions stops that...

OMG. atleast,, now we know and can fix it :$ The best would be to have a tilted GP cp but that not going to happend. :(

best way to fix this is use cut triggers in mt. very easy...
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 12 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem