Location: Home  Community Forums  General  ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News 
ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News
Page: 7 of 26
Locked  0 Observer

Hylis says:
I must warn now that only rare blocs of this list will probably be in the final release ^_^ There is many blocs here, but I don't expect us to start with many with Storm. We still have to see how players will use them a lot. Even if I did tens of maps, it is difficult to guess all the way to 10Ks of them.

So you're going to remove blocks? :o

By the way, for Canyon players "fewer blocks" is a scary expression. :(
Moped Racer

I think he said that he would start with fewer blocks. Didn't say anything about expanding later.
Sports Saloon Racer

I'm sure they create a lot just for testing purposes, and only certain ones make it in.

Much like how we test many variations and ideas when building... and only certain ideas make into our final maps.

Just keep the best, and see where it goes from there, and you can always add more later. It's easier to add more blocks later than it is to try to take away problematic ones.

Canyon benefited from the environments that came before it. Hylis and team knew how the blocks would be used (generally) because of the rich history of track making in other similar environments.

But with ShootMania, it's a whole new ball game. Less blocks will be better at the start, just like there was very few at the start with the TMO Demo (although I hope there's a few more than that). ^_^
Site Leader

Yes, I see what you are saying Eyebo and i agree with you but i also think that in order to be able to create diversity in Shootmania maps it will be very necessary to have tons of blocks. Because in Trackmania the race is almost always a route which has block variation in it, but another important part of a track is the route variation. In Shootmania I guess it might be possible to make routes for your maps but it would be very hard and not as promient, I think. In the end I think that Shootmania maps are mostly going to be viewed as a big scenery map, by the Trackmania community, because that is exactly what they will be. And if it is just going to be scenery the more blocks the better you can make it look.
Beetle Racer

Banjee says:
Yes, I see what you are saying Eyebo and i agree with you but i also think that in order to be able to create diversity in Shootmania maps it will be very necessary to have tons of blocks. Because in Trackmania the race is almost always a route which has block variation in it, but another important part of a track is the route variation. In Shootmania I guess it might be possible to make routes for your maps but it would be very hard and not as promient, I think. In the end I think that Shootmania maps are mostly going to be viewed as a big scenery map, by the Trackmania community, because that is exactly what they will be. And if it is just going to be scenery the more blocks the better you can make it look.

This.
Old Age Caravanner

Don't forget some blocks might have multiple variations. For instance, a block that looks one way in the air, another way on the ground. And maybe even multiple variations on the ground... like several variations for that tree block.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

is there anything new on Shootmania? I am really stoked!
Beetle Racer

You're more likely to see it on the MP forums before it comes here. I didn't see anything new and exciting there. -edit- well, nothing new at least (brb)
Last edited by Bucky,
Sports Saloon Racer

There's an interview with hylis on Millenium_TV but its in French of course. It starts the same as the old one, but go a little into it. It's a different video.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Shootmania shall be fun...
I'm back :)
Page: 7 of 26 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem