Location: Home  Community Forums  General  ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News 
ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News
Page: 9 of 26
Locked  0 Observer

Hylis says:

In some days, you may hear about Storm a little.

Meanwhile, we are taking more time than I expected to launch the tests phases and we still have to take big decision beginning of January about this. And in case you ask, the next TM environment release schedule is disconnected from the Storm one. So, if Storm takes more time, it will just make it closer to Valley release. We are really moving fast on Storm, but increasing the ambition of the title with time. It is difficult to stop ourselves to do it ^_^ The main thing that prevents us from doing it is that we really want to have players to have it asap.

:cool:
Beetle Racer

That's exciting to hear.

He's saying that Storm will take longer because they keep adding new features to the development phase. I don't mind waiting a bit longer to have more features. :d
Sports Saloon Racer

yeah and i think he also says that even though storm will take some time they will not stop working on valley too (l)
Beetle Racer

It's interesting that he pointed out that the release of storm is independent of the release of the next TM environment. I don't think they have more than 1 team working on these things. I guess they're working on these two things concurrently.
Sports Saloon Racer

They were also working on Canyon concurrently with Storm.... as Hylis said they had to pull people away from Storm briefly to create the new blocks for Canyon* during the beta. Looks like if you worked at Nadeo right now, there would be no shortage of things to do. :p

*The banked GP ones and the big platform loops, among others.
Site Leader

Some pics that SiH found....

Beetle Racer

HUD is awful tbh.
Zimmer Racer

its still not even in the beta phase though.... :p
Beetle Racer

ShootMania info on NoFrag.com (Google translate)
---------------------------------------------
Info from Hylis (Google translate):

"I said that the aim is less to change the mode to allow the players to innovate and to find formulas to their liking. Dota and CS are still based on this possibility, we just tried to make this creative process can be repeated much more quickly, and in addition to using the map editor that allows the fashion designer to quickly enough to play / test.

See you soon,
Florent"

(source)
Old Age Caravanner

Thx for the info. :)
But where is the connection between the games. ? :s :$
If planets is the only connection than its a bad idea imo (kind of useless)

Tm is the same, you build a map and play it but its a racing game you can play alone :-w
but in a fps game its no fun in running around and be scared of your own shadow and try to kill it. =p

aha now i know you running around and recording 4 replays and shoot random,
and then you can play against your 4 replay just as in tm2 ^^ haha
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer
Page: 9 of 26 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem