Location: Home  Community Forums  General  ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News 
ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News
Page: 8 of 26
Locked  0 Observer

Bucky says:
You're more likely to see it on the MP forums before it comes here.

I have been there--everyday.... :p
Beetle Racer

xil says:
Shootmania shall be fun...

As the decree goes forth, so shall it be.
Site Leader

New article!
A new article on SM. thanks to w1lla over at the maniaplanet forums....
Beetle Racer

eyebo says:
There's an interview with hylis on Millenium_TV but its in French of course. It starts the same as the old one, but go a little into it. It's a different video.

is it shootmania in the backround or what is it, ?
and is that video available somewhere ?

looks very fun
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

"You'll be able to earn in-game money racing in Trackmania 2, then use that to buy upgrades in Shootmania"

Omg that's stupid. :( So you get stronger in SM if you have TM2?
Moped Racer

Enai Siaion says:
Omg that's stupid. :( So you get stronger in SM if you have TM2?

I'm almost certain that the "ingame upgrades" are not going to be the kind that would give you an advantage in matches. the way i see it, they are either talking about user created content like the mania creative sign pack, or that they will allow SM to be purchased with planets. most what i think they are trying to say here is that you can transfer planets between games because SM will be a part of maniaplanet.
Beetle Racer

I think that such things need to be taken with a grain of salt. From what I've seen in other articles, it's clear that some authors do not have a working knowledge of TrackMania and the way that some aspect of the game work. It's just as possible that 'upgrades' in their context could be the result of poor paraphrasing.

One of the things that I like about the TM series is that everyone drives the same car; skill is the only advantage. When you jump into the game, you have the same potential as everyone else. If 'upgrades' are implemented, then they step away from this mentality. I'm not a huge fan of this idea. I think that Nadeo should stick with that separated them from the pack. Time will tell.
Sports Saloon Racer

SPIDER says:
eyebo says:
There's an interview with hylis on Millenium_TV but its in French of course. It starts the same as the old one, but go a little into it. It's a different video.

is it shootmania in the backround or what is it, ?
and is that video available somewhere ?

looks very fun

In the background during the interview, at for instance 5:10 in the video, is some other game. It's not ShootMania. It's not even an FPS by the looks of it, since the character is seen in the third person view (unless that's spectator mode or something).

The interview was filmed at Paris Games Week where a lot of games were being played. It was probably one of the other games being competed on in ESWC, taking place in the background while this interview was going on. It's too bad they filmed it right in front of a TV showing a different game as it sort of sends a confusing message. :p
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

thx eyebo i found it. :cool:
Beetle Racer

Banjee says:
New article!
A new article on SM. thanks to w1lla over at the maniaplanet forums....

If it's true what they say then it's gonna be awesome! :cool:
If players can really build their own games and modes I'm really looking forward to some creative, cool and fun games!

Let's just hope it's not like it was in Canyon.. they said players could create their own blocks and then in the end said they screwed this idea.
..wasn't me
Page: 8 of 26 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem