Location: Home  Community Forums  General  ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News 
ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News
Page: 10 of 26
Locked  0 Observer

SMX is going to have an interesting leaderboard. Can't wait till the beta now.
Deep fried

Player models!
Beetle Racer

so they're humans anyway... ^^
Zimmer Racer

Those things kinda look like medieval shields :p
Sports Saloon Racer

that screen looks very friendly :p
Beetle Racer

ShootMania preview on TM-Actu.com (with another picture)
---------------------------------------------
Info from Hylis (Google translate):

"[...] if you look at the experiences of successful F2P FPS, TF2 is 20% of CS max in open court, did relatively little QuakeLive, Tribes is a priori for the moment to pay € 30 even though I am well aware of the model and BF Heroes is where he is. I do not condemn the model, I just think that if ShootMania is the FPS game that players want to play a long time, then the question of the model is secondary, and this is true for many games. Skyrim Minecraft or are not f2p or WoW dominating paying and who loses the hearing when it starts to be partially free (and put the package on the tin) What matters is that players to want to play, and continue long after.

Now it is true that to convince, or set fire to the powder, free is a major asset. If it still communicates little about Maniaplanet and titles, that's because it is still evolving rapidly at present and that the arrival of the V2 and ShootMania will give it greater capacity. In an FPS, it's called managing ammunition ^ _ ^ And we will send the BFG when we get closer to the target, see the Quad as a bonus to multiply the effect kiss cool.

The important thing to understand ShootMania Storm is that it created the conditions for the players to find shoes to your foot, so you take it. So upon arrival, it is always difficult to get a oppinion the game today. The goal is to play at least 15 ways to make available as appropriate to certain modes. This is the story of CS and Dota in a way, and it created the conditions for that to happen ever. And in another approach, personal, I see diversity as having your PC connected to the internet or not. When I launch the game and discover a whole bunch of new things in contexts that I like, I feel that it is alive. It's like coming to a blog we like, and see different items every day. And I think we should at least be on the same page about what is of interest to change to change the Blog Blog. ^ _ ^"

(source)
Old Age Caravanner

have read the article, looks like looooooads of fun, much more fun than canyon, even if I don't like shooters.
Zimmer Racer

SPIDER :l says:
Thx for the info. :)
But where is the connection between the games. ? :s :$
If planets is the only connection than its a bad idea imo (kind of useless)

The engine. Shootmania is basically a Trackmania 2 mod.
Moped Racer

so? valve has used the source engine for every single on of their games....
Beetle Racer

Another info from Hylis (Google translate):

Post 1:
"Sorry, when I looked, the peak was at 31K for TF2, CS for about 125K (including zero condition perhaps) So, I rounded down too but I doubt either about the important here. Was 25% had to be said I'm sorry. Until then, I find the answer you're doing exactly the model is more limited than Rapidos identifies this figure to express an order of magnitude. Even though it was 99%, CS would be even more popular. And by the way, nothing will catch on the "current" vs. "peak" of the numbers you write?

For info and to illustrate that the model may lie in the background, here are the figures that I have
June 26
97.917 Team Fortress 2
65.420 Counter-Strike
55.351 Counter-Strike: Source

And August 30
63.234 Counter-Strike: Source
61.830 Counter-Strike
58.208 Team Fortress 2

And I say by this that no TF2 is worse than CS. It's just a matter of taste for some (hence the principle of ShootMania by the way) I say that most players play what they want, and that Free might be a way to bring in players easier to begin with. But it is the story of the game with Doom as a good example already.

But to return to the topic, if you do the competition with Tribes 2 years, you may be sensitive to the fact we did a duel in terms of vision available from the first action, metttant and forward presence potential of individual skill grew. We have also worked on the team and the fact that the game can rest on tactics. So we started with just one competitive match in the evening rather eSport. And I draw attention to the fact that we have a showmatch, and even if it was not reported, the audience could follow him, to applaud the actions and understand what happened from beginning to end. The viewer component asked to do a lot of work on the scale, visibility and other issues of rules and interface. A fragment of 120 km / h may be harder to read. In fact, 6 years ago, we launched a game dedicated to eSports who found himself at the ESWC, WCG, with German and other pro series, the Dreamhack, the Gamers Assembly, etc. The Gathering. But the race is a difficult genre, the same way as sports clubs in the race are more common for clubs based on the confrontation competitions: football team or individual tennis for example. That is why we hope to provide players with more discipline around the opening to gamers (dedicated server, map editor, in replay, organizational tools, rating systems régionnaux etc.). Because as someone said one day in Ubi: there are only gamers to meet gamers. And I hope you will be happy ^ _ ^ And after your thunderbolt of Tribes, I hope that Storm will be your fifth. And if you get there, it will be "impressive" \ o /

But hey, I'm not sure words can so easily convinced to be more optimistic, and ultimately, it is perhaps better that way ^ _ ^ It will have to wait to play."

Post 2:
"I totally agree that F2P can help launch a product, and that was my point. I pointed out to Tribes that he was now closer to a standard model since sold in packs to gain access to the beta even if it is a F2P. You say in your video is doing it for 30 € in the end, but you write that it will take 50 hours to unlock everything. We have a different approach so that the player has less to invest "time" to play the full game at the gameplay. I'm not saying it's a quality or a defect, only different.

Painkiller has tried to ensure that competition exists on their game, it's very different than developing the game for eSports as we do for 7 years when I decided to make China a free TrackMania (such as what I am sensitive to the issue) which was eSports World Cup as a suffix. The teaching Painkiller is that this is not the big cash prize or competition that can do anything. Also, you will notice on the initiative NASL Tribes, which is perhaps closer to the model Painkiller. But again, it looks like we start talking about Tribes vs ShootMania, which is absurd, and what I hope that will not be the case for you, especially as you love each other historically ^ _ ^

For my reference was more to satisfy the appetite of gamers, in the sense that the amount of play that gamers can get thirsty in terms of diversity can only come from a passionate community. After several solo game or configuration of an ever-changing multiplayer are better able to satisfy the appetite. But mine is being able to start a game and learn something new as often as possible, while remaining in the field of understanding and taste. I redo the analogy of blogs and I think you will understand, at least I hope. For our part, the experience TM, and millions of circuits, tens of thousands of videos, skins millers cars, millers of servers, hundreds of competitions, dozens of web sites, managers of several dedicated servers : no box in the world can afford to be as creative and dynamic. It was love at Microsoft versus the encyclopedia Wikipedia, is only for the language issue (Nations in a 17) I can not predict that it will do the same with ShootMania is small. The goal here is to try, for this dimension and 2.0 for eSports. These are our intentions for years, and for now, as I feel that your approach is more about the intentions, I recall. Sometimes I say it may well be so stupid, it is possible that if we really work to make a game of competition, it is more likely to do some which have not done. And if in addition it provides opportunities for players to modify and explore much faster, which will further increase our chances. Once the conditions are met, there is of course to see how it evolves. But there are writers who are there to talk about good games, so the model is perhaps less important, if their last know good communication enthoutiasme as you have done so well for your latest video."

(source)
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 10 of 26 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem