Location: Home  Community Forums  General  ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News 
ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News
Page: 13 of 26
Locked  0 Observer

Don't burst his bubble, Space. It's the first hard on he's ever had

recently.
Quad Bike Racer

Some posts from NoFrag.com forum (Google translate):

Netsabes:
"Number Canard PC comes out right now (there right away) contains the first preview of the world ShootMania. Eight pages written after spending many hours in Nadeo to discuss the concept, feel the level editor and try the game in three different multiplayer modes. Spoiler: if you like fast FPS, it's really great."

drloser:
"I do not share the enthusiasm of Netsabes: if we remove the map editor, there is virtually nothing left in the game I get the impression that journalists get carried away because it is a French studio and the game offers something different on which to scrape a few pages (8 pages at CPC), but I for one am much more reserved about the quality of the title as a FPS.

I will say more next week, now I have no right to speak out."

hylis:
"I knew Netsabes especially on his writings.

I think it is more expert FPS, it can be more difficult to discern our ambition. It's a bit like a fan of games of cars that fall on TM: No adjustment of cash, no shifting, no brand cars, no handbrake etc.. It would be the last to be convinced. Our concern is that we believe that an expert is also fun because there are fewer experts to play with, and that it is mainly the depth of gameplay that matters to the experts.

For items, we have developed the concept, and I do not think we will. In any case, not at launch. It takes more than that added to my senses. It is however possible to play on some parameters such as speed charging, the number of slots and other, and this according to the screen kiosks as spawn for example. This can result, as in the shoots to scrolls, by an equivalent power up. One could by example scripter in 2 seconds, one armor who regen after 10 seconds (the armor that regen more slowly that the time of scripter what ^ _ ^)

What you played is a mode and maps made in two weeks at the studio man. The maps in 2 days. So yes, it is an expression as possible. For weapons, we remain on the mind of TM by limiting the number of things to learn well. One in-depth gameplay, rather than a large number of cars to master. We therefore prefer to give us the weapons even if we were going in this direction so that players have a max of marks possible in the middle of this rich diversity.

In fact, what you saw is the foundation of ShootMania, foundations. It is much easier to add something to remove. We will see over time if we add things. And we worked several years this base for the community to build something solid when the player re-landed in the game is as comfortable as possible. But far from a tool to make FPS is an FPS in which players can vary the style to infinity. That is to say no all styles are possible. I often say internally that an infinity of possibility, and that we could do anything, it's too many times infinity.

ShootMania is a start, then it will be a combination of our work and passionate expression of the most creative players."

(source)
Old Age Caravanner

great article bionick! the most suprising thing though, that came out today was the announcement of the open-beta. I don't know how true it is especially since it hasn't come directly from Nadeo yet, but it have been in several different articles i read today.
Last edited by banjee»UD,
Beetle Racer

"Ubisoft Press Release" says:

London, UK – February 15, 2012 – Today, Ubisoft® revealed the first details of the highly anticipated ShootMania Storm, an online PC multiplayer first person shooter from Nadeo studio, the creators of TrackMania.

ShootMania Storm is the second offering from ManiaPlanet, following the successful launch of TrackMania 2 in 2011. For the first time in its history, Nadeo have decided to bring to FPS what made TrackMania such a phenomenon: its unique competitive spirit and a sense of fun.

In conjunction with the online competitive multiplayer, ShootMania Storm will also feature extensive map editing capabilities, allowing players to customise, design and share their creations across the community, using the soon to be released, upgraded ManiaPlanet 2.0 gaming system.

A ShootMania Storm open beta is scheduled for the coming months. For more information, please visit: http://www.maniaplanet.com/

About Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010-11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1.039 billion. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.

2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Nadeo, ManiaPlanet ShootMania, QuestMania and Trackmania logo are trademarks of Nadeo in the US and/or other countries. Nadeo is a Ubisoft Entertainment company.

(This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.)

As you can see, the announcement of the open beta comes directly from Ubisoft's own Press Release.
Site Leader

eyebo (234) says:
As you can see, the announcement of the open beta comes directly from Ubisoft's own Press Release.

Well, I'm now convinced for sure. The open beta is offical. :o
Beetle Racer

Low-res preview of Canard PC magazine (click on "FEUILLETER CETTE REVUE" and go to pages 54-61)

Some info from Cerovan (Google translate):

Post 1:
"(...) Storm expected to cost € 19.99 as Canyon :)"

Post 2:
"(...) it was still no date for the beta, it is still too early for that and to see how we will open :)"
Old Age Caravanner

pre-alpha source files leaked :o

Zimmer Racer

Yay for grappling and rocket jumps. I hope the gameplay is closer to TF2 than CoD =p
Sports Saloon Racer

After reading some of the PC Canard article, Sadhik tells us there is no crouching or lying positions in the game. He's disappointed in this, but he likes the fact the game is minimal.

The image above that Space posted was leaked by speedline, a Moderator on ManiaPlanet forums.

tmActu will give their preview of SM Storm next week.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Crouching would've been nice at least :/
· · · – – – · · ·
Page: 13 of 26 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem